Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 10 Questions (And Answers) in The Aftermatch of Ruiz-Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 10 Questions (And Answers) in The Aftermatch of Ruiz-Joshua

The stunning result of the weekend has sunk in, as much as it ever will. Andy Ruiz Jr. knocked out Anthony Joshua in the seventh round to become unified heavyweight champion of the world. I have to admit I gave Ruiz almost no chance of beating Joshua. The Mexican-American has been a good fighter all along but I didn't think he had the tools including the size to topple the No. 1 figure in the sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

pretty good analysis,i also agree that Joshua has all the tools to be an all time great, one loss doesn't determine the fate of a fighter,the mindset does, and his mindset after the setback was that of a champion which makes the rematch even more intriguing.. I'm expecting a better conditioned Joshua with a better gameplan and tactics as for Ruiz though..he's almost certainly going to try and do the same, "if it ain't broke don't fix it " which is why I think Joshua would win the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      The stunning result of the weekend has sunk in, as much as it ever will. Andy Ruiz Jr. knocked out Anthony Joshua in the seventh round to become unified heavyweight champion of the world. I have to admit I gave Ruiz almost no chance of beating Joshua. The Mexican-American has been a good fighter all along but I didn't think he had the tools including the size to topple the No. 1 figure in the sport.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      ... Dear Michael Rosenthal... there is another question you failed to address:

"Was Joshua mentally weak and did he succumb under pressure???"

Comment

Make no mistake he quit

Comment

Let's be honest. AJ quit before he even got to the ring. You could see it on his face - he didn't want to fight that day. Ruiz, however, went all in and didn't demonstrate any weaknesses for a second. All props to Ruiz

Comment

Best physique of any HW champ ever. A lot of old timers would say too muscular is no good effects stamina , flexibility, speed. But being all time great you need IQ timing,chin,heart stamina

Comment

I don't think he quit, I think he had the fight knocked out of him and couldn't move forward. He got battered on a night where the occasion got the better of him. All the talk of Wilder, the knockout two weeks before. He took his eye off the dangerous man in front of him.

I think there's definitely a problem with his chin. He gets hit and looks like he's trying to control stilts. Assuming he can find the desire again he's still going to have a problem with his chin.

Comment

The rumors were true, Joshua said 'No-Mas', he was overrated, A.J's chin been cracked, Ruiz whoops his ass again. Another UK-Hype-Job got exposed, THE END.

Comment

This was one if the few articles on BS I though really was a waste. This article doesnt really answer any real question with insider info just speculation and opinion. Honestly believe he quit and give more credit to Ruiz. Listen if you actually faught before you know anything is possible so to just write countless articles about upset fluke this and weight issue that shows a lack of knowledge. Ruiz won, its not sexy but neither is life. Let that man enjoy the fruits of his labor without so much backhand congratulations.

Comment

Also been saying this for a minute but JOUSHUA COULD BECOME kinda HW version of Khan with the chin. Not exactly now but i see the signs. Hes been rocked a bit like a party piņata. Ruiz just happen to break the piņata. I see more KDs in future

Comment

Working...
                    X