Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Golovkin Returns With Crushing Knockout of Rolls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Golovkin Returns With Crushing Knockout of Rolls

Golovkin, Rolls Fight Photos Gallery - Madison Square Garden, New York City - Former unified middleweight champion Gennadiy Golovkin (39-1-1, 35 KOs) came back in force with a fourth round knockout of previously undefeated Steve Rolls (19-1, 10 KOs). (Photos by Amanda Westcott).

[Click Here To Read More]

gennady's experience showed in this fight, the punch he got rolls with was as awkward as any punch can be

Comment

Rolls looked the part the 1st 3 rounds I was starting to think he was gonna maybe make into the later rounds. He ate a couple hard shots and took them pretty well.

Golovkin looked like he was trying to show what he and Banks have been working on. He was way more creative with the punch selection but they still got a long way to go with the head movement.

I dont think hes gonna get the Canelo fight in September but who knows. It's gonna happen sooner or later.

I still think G startches Andrade but it's a high risk low reward fight for him & Canelo which is why don't see either of them fighting him until they get their 3rd fight out the way

Comment

big drama is back, lmao...

Comment

GGG can't give away the first three rounds to Cunnyello

Comment

Clearly age is gonna be at least a small factor now in GGG's career but let's look at a couple things. GGG was coming off a 9 month layoff and he just started working with his new trainer. There was a bit of ring rust which was quickly brushed off in 3 rounds and then you he's also trying to implement some things that he learned with Banks. I don't think he looked bad, I think he also took a minute to get going which gave Rolls the chance to land some clean shots of his own. Once Golovkin got his engine going the disparity in skills was on display and it ended in knockout.

Comment

GGG as he stepped into the ring said...I am here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I am all out of bubble gum

Comment

That was a sweet knock out! GGG used that same downward punch that he knocked out rubio with to hurt rolls and then finished him off with that crushing left!

Comment

Working...
                X