Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Socarras, Greer-Potapov Set For July 13 In Newark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Socarras, Greer-Potapov Set For July 13 In Newark

Shakur Stevenson's hometown fight is set for July 13. The 2016 Olympic silver medalist will meet Miami's Hairon Socarras in the 10-round main event that night at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The 21-year-old Stevenson (11-0, 6 KOs) was born and raised in Newark, but the fast-rising featherweight contender now resides in Alexandria, Virginia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's another solid step up in competition. I imagine his next fight after this one will be for the title.

Top Rank knows how to build fighters the right way.

Comment

Wow. Never expected this. Hairon is my boy I’m picking him instantly

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        That's another solid step up in competition. I imagine his next fight after this one will be for the title.

Top Rank knows how to build fighters the right way.
        This doesn't feel like a step up. Diaz was more proven. This guy IS a prospect like Shakur so that keep his 0 mindset is still with this cat so I think that makes this fight interesting, but this feels more like a sideways step thats slanted more down than its a step up. I mean Socarras has a draw to a cat with a losing record just two years ago. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          This doesn't feel like a step up. Diaz was more proven. This guy IS a prospect like Shakur so that keep his 0 mindset is still with this cat so I think that makes this fight interesting, but this feels more like a sideways step thats slanted more down than its a step up. I mean Socarras has a draw to a cat with a losing record just two years ago. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in him.
          He’s gonna shock the world

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
            He’s gonna shock the world
            I wish you luck on cashing that bet, but idk man.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Two years is part of a lifetime in boxing. For most active fighters that’s 4-6 fights ago.

Comment

With some Bantamweight big names coming to Top Rank I would like to see Greer get a shot at one of them. How about Tete Vs Greer?

Comment

Hairon Socarras is a bigger stepping up and way more dangerous fight than Pitufo Diaz! Excellent Fight and very Dangerous for Stevenson. Socarras just never had the Promotional Backing for whatever reason

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                    Two years is part of a lifetime in boxing. For most active fighters that’s 4-6 fights ago.
                    LOL, yea idk about all that. What happened yesterday is a testament to who you are today & a professional boxer drawing with a guy with a losing record is a bad look whenever it happened, but specifically when it was only a couple years ago.

Maybe he improved doe idk. I can't recall seeing him having fought before so maybe he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning idk. But I know I'd bet against that guy 1,000 times & be right more than I'd be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X