Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Katie Taylor Edges Delfine Persoon To Unify Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Katie Taylor Edges Delfine Persoon To Unify Division

Katie Taylor, Delfine Persoon Fight Photos Gallery - Madison Square Garden, New York City - In a high stakes full division unification, for the WBO, IBF, WBA, WBC world titles, Katie Taylor (14-0, 6 KOs) won the toughest fight of her career, with a twelve round majority decision over Delfine Persson (43-2, 18 KOs). (photos by Ed Mulholland).

[Click Here To Read More]

This was a really good scrap. Too bad Taylor is the unsung hero. She is Undisputed.

Comment

Katie Taylor is the better boxer but she lost sorry she was out gutted

Comment

outright robbery

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Katie Taylor is the better boxer but she lost sorry she was out gutted
          It was like Frampton Cruz 1. Frampton was getting battered by some mean blows but finished the fight. Close. Depends what you favored

Comment

I think most people who watched the fight had KT losing. Persoon was all over her in the last 3 rounds with a swarm. KT was looking for space and to time her. Persoon should hold her head high, bc she did everything she wanted to do that night saying she would sweep the later rounds. KT accuracy was on display at times, but too far and few between those moments. Excellent fight!

Comment

Eddie Hearn robbery

Comment

Delfine Persoon was the Boss in that ring last night. Body language says everything and Katie was a beaten woman at the end of the fight. I feel sorry for KT because even though she got the titles last night she knows deep down that she lost the fight and don't deserve them.
                Feel even worse for Persoon who was willing to die in that ring, she brought the fight to Katie and deserved that Victory she was definitely robbed

Comment

It was the fight of the night & I think will help get women's boxing over with more people - they both left it all in the ring. Taylor is obviously the better boxer of the two & picked some nice shots when she was able to make space for herself, but I thought Persoon was the close but clear winner with her constant pressure. They've really gotta do this one again & as soon as possible.

Comment

Utter robbery.

Comment

Working...
                    X