Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith: I'll Stay At 168, Fight Champs, Wait For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Smith: I'll Stay At 168, Fight Champs, Wait For Canelo

Callum Smith envisions eventually moving up to compete at light heavyweight. There are entirely too many reasons now, however, why the unbeaten British champion won't leave the super middleweight division. Smith, the WBA 168-pound champion, would welcome title unification fights against fellow champions Anthony Dirrell (WBC), Chris Eubank Jr. (IBO), Caleb Plant (IBF) or Billy Joe Saunders (WBO).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is this guy any good?

Comment

......Who?

Comment

Translation: I will be fighting chumps like undersized shot Ndam and avoid any real threats hoping to get a cashout fight vs Canelo. Same with Andrade, Saunders etc, they all fight nobody after nobody hoping to get a Canelo fight one day.

Comment

Smith vs Canelo in 2020

Comment

Golovkin did the same thing at 160 and got ripped for it by everyone.

The reality is that this is the smart thing to do anyway you look at it. Smith is a bigger fighter than Canelo and it would be the most lucrative match of his career. Better to stay and wait for him than move up to 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              Translation: I will be fighting chumps like undersized shot Ndam and avoid any real threats hoping to get a cashout fight vs Canelo. Same with Andrade, Saunders etc, they all fight nobody after nobody hoping to get a Canelo fight one day.
              You left out Charlo.

Comment

Damn, come on Callum! Fight BJS, Benavidez next, then go to 175. 168 isnt very good atm anyway. Nelo fight wont be soon, so get in the mix at lightHeavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                  You left out Charlo.
                  Charlo and Andrade wanted and signed for GGG & BJS. Both were willing to fight tough fights b4 Nelo. Not their fault that those fights didn't happen. GGG refused and BJS got busted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                    Charlo and Andrade wanted and signed for GGG & BJS. Both were willing to fight tough fights b4 Nelo. Not their fault that those fights didn't happen. GGG refused and BJS got busted.
                    Willing and doing are a bit different. Bet you are the type that likes the idea of participation trophies. What a joke. Then why didn't they fight each other? Why did Charlo avoid Jacobs?

Comment

Working...
                    X