No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas – A Pat On The Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernando Vargas – A Pat On The Back

There is a tendency in every sport to kick a man when he’s down. When an athlete disappoints or carries on too long and sullies his career or reputation he leaves every accomplishment he achieved up for question. True fans are a passionate but forgiving lot. Not so with sports writers.

The more wicked they are the more readers they get. Even if a fan hates a particular writer because of this he often ends up reading those mean spirited articles anyway just to infuriate himself and gather fodder for debate. It’s the nature of the business and one I’ve personally tried to avoid, but sometimes I can’t help myself and in the past I’ve been a little too hard on boxer Fernando Vargas. [details]

Support Vargas? This is just another one of his major letdowns...

People paid money for that one sided fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard King
      Support Vargas? This is just another one of his major letdowns...

People paid money for that one sided fight.
      No, a letdown would have been vargas not fighting his heart out.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat
        No, a letdown would have been vargas not fighting his heart out.
        but he did not look like himself at the start of the fight thats why he was dominated by shane right from the get go.. whats next for him?

Comment

I have not been a fan of Vargas before but after seeing his will to get up from a tremendous punch , which a lesser man will not get up from , I am now. It reflects the willingness of any man to get up from any fall and hardships he may have experience in his life, regardless of whether he may lose in the end.Heart pure heart.
          Seldom do I see articles such as this which are based from what is real, objective, unbiased, and was created by a writer's heart and not just to impress which other writers are guilty of.
          Kudos to the writer and kudos to Fernando Vargas...

Comment

Originally posted by burglar
            I have not been a fan of Vargas before but after seeing his will to get up from a tremendous punch , which a lesser man will not get up from , I am now. It reflects the willingness of any man to get up from any fall and hardships he may have experience in his life, regardless of whether he may lose in the end.Heart pure heart.
            Seldom do I see articles such as this which are based from what is real, objective, unbiased, and was created by a writer's heart and not just to impress which other writers are guilty of.
            Kudos to the writer and kudos to Fernando Vargas...

great post bro.

Comment

very good article!

Rockin'

Comment

Good article indeed.

Comment

Really good article.

Comment

part about Winky is wrong

just because Winky lasted longer and is still fighting today at a higher level does NOT mean that it proves he was the better fighter. Vargas beat him at the time. he took the championship rounds and winky coasted or just didn't have the heart to keep fighting Fernando.

A guy that fights in Fernando's style will usually have a shorter career. but a boring fighter like winky that runs and coasts to decisions will have a longer career. that's all it means. When they meet and go toe to toe, thats when we find out who is better.
                    That man was Fernando Vargas. PERIOD. Winky can't erase that.

when I look back at both fighters, it will be fernando that I will definately appreciate more for what he gave in the ring. Winky?
                    I'll remember him as the guy that coasted and fought basically like an amatuer. A guy that has even confessed that he won't go for the KOs because he doesn't get paid enough to do that.

Comment

Working...
                    X