Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julian Williams' Coach Talks Hurd Win, Rematch Clause, Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Julian Williams' Coach Talks Hurd Win, Rematch Clause, Future

In this Q&A, the trainer of newly crowned WBA/IBF super welterweight champion Julian "J Rock" Williams discusses a variety of topics after Williams' big victory over former unified champion Jarrett Hurd on Fox. Stephen "Breadman" Edwards talks about the strategy employed in the fight, a potential rematch and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great win by Williams and Breadman. Was rooting for them. Glad to see all the hard work paid off. Congrats

Comment

When Hurd and Charlo didn't go straight to the fight (I mostly blame Hurd) after Hurd beat Lara, I thought they were making a mistake. When they chose Tony Harrison and J-Rock, it became a horrible idea! STOP MARINATING! No one knows what tomorrow brings! Hindsight is 20/20!

Comment

I think both guys fought hard and the better guy on that day

Williams just showed much more talent and abilities than Hurd who never was establishing an inside fight and could not get off in close. He also has bad balance and seem to arm punch due to improper positioning. If I were Hurd I would bring someone on board who knows basics well because that's what he lacks.

Comment

I picked Hurd to win and was dead wrong. Congratulations Breadman an J Rock.

Comment

Great job team Williams, it was a beautiful thing to watch. I knew JRock's skill level was much higher just wasn't sure about the physicality. I had it 80/20 in favor of Hurd going into the fight. I'm super impressed with the win and it is safe to say that JRock will be a monster to deal for any of these guys including my boy Jermell. Big ups!

Comment

Breadman
              A great coach, true (rare) expert of the game, and appears to be a nice buddy too.

Respect

Comment

It was great to see Williams resurrect the art of inside fighting. Once he proved he was at least as strong as Hurd, the fight became a contest of skill and Williams proved he had the better skills. Great fight.

Comment

Many congrats to you Bread for bringing J-Rock through to champion status - you are too modest to say it but you are right up there in the top echelon of coaches.

You're also too reticent to talk much about peds and testing but I'm pretty damn sure that when you say you made a mistake before regards not pushing fo rtesting further ut from fight night - well it's clear as day that you're talking about Jermall Charlo. All those times you've been asked about why the Charlos are so aggressive and surly after fights ... it's clear why, to my eyes anyway.

I think you better hope that Jermell wins his next fight (his inflated ego will see him take the fight with J-Rock) because while I see Harrison as almost at the same skill level as Jlulian He doesn't have the physicality and he'll know it meaning that unifying with J-R is just a bad matchup unless he receives ridiculous money.

Good luck in all you do in the future

Comment

oh charlo will duck williams if theres 3 months vada testing

Comment

Working...
                    X