Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zolani Tete vs. Ryan Burnett is On The Radar, Says Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zolani Tete vs. Ryan Burnett is On The Radar, Says Bob Arum

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is targeting a bantamweight clash between WBO world champion Zolani Tete and challenger Ryan Burnett. Both fighters were in the World Boxing Super Series bantamweight tournament and both got knocked off due to injury. Burnett, who owned the WBA world title, suffered an injury during his fight with Nonito Donaire. And Tete withdrew from a semi-final bout with Donaire, who is now heading to the finals of the tournament.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What did I tell you guys?

I have a strong suspicion that because Tete was with Frank Warren (and now probably also with ESPN and Bob Arum) that he was pulled away from the tournament because they didn't want him to lose. Just so strange how it was announced just a few days before the fight when you shouldn't be training intensely anymore...

Comment

Comment

Last to get injured wins.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          What did I tell you guys?

I have a strong suspicion that because Tete was with Frank Warren (and now probably also with ESPN and Bob Arum) that he was pulled away from the tournament because they didn't want him to lose. Just so strange how it was announced just a few days before the fight when you shouldn't be training intensely anymore...
          I called it. Even made a thread about it.

Did Frank Warren withdraw Zolani Tete in order to keep a belt away from DAZN/Hearn?
          https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=813478

Comment

Yeah, ok. So long as he fights Inoue after the tournament.

Comment

Working...
            X