Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Williams: Hurd Got Haircut, Was Laughing, Joking In Locker Room

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Williams: Hurd Got Haircut, Was Laughing, Joking In Locker Room

Julian Williams felt he had another advantage over Jarrett Hurd once his trainer told him what was happening in Hurd's dressing room before their fight Saturday night. When Stephen "Breadman" Edwards informed him of the atmosphere there, Williams knew Hurd was underestimating him. The newly crowned IBF, IBO and WBA 154-pound champion sensed that the previously undefeated Hurd didn't have the same sense of urgency Williams felt entering their nationally televised, 12-round fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The Mayweather era of boxing has spoiled both fans and fighters. Everyone thinks that a fighter having a loss or losses on his record means that he is not capable of beating an opponent who is favoured. That’s not how it works, it’s never worked like that. It also tells me that so many so called fans are new to the sport and have no concept of boxing’ rich history. Anyone that had been into the sport for a minute knows that styles make fights, fighters can improve their games with trainers that fit their strengths and weaknesses, better strength and conditioning coaches, and sometimes just w better mindset.
    When I see fighters with no defeats on their records all it tells me is they have not had career defining fights. And that goes for ALL undefeated fighters regardless of their national and ethnic origin before someone gets stupid with the country vs country rubbish

Comment

What's the name of the hotel he was staying in?

Comment

Just hope Hurd can reorganise himself and pick up the broken pieces. His strategy is all wrong and the more fights he has the weaker he becomes. You can't just take shots and expect all to be well with you. I think Lara punches very hard and definitely took something out of Hurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
          Just hope Hurd can reorganise himself and pick up the broken pieces. His strategy is all wrong and the more fights he has the weaker he becomes. You can't just take shots and expect all to be well with you. I think Lara punches very hard and definitely took something out of Hurd.
          Let's be honest, if Lara was a few years younger, he would've whooped Hurd.

Not to say Hurd is a bad fighter because you can't just do it on size alone but size has still been a big factor for him. He is a good fighter with a big size advantage usually.

Once he fought someone a bit more skilled, fresh enough and able to overcome the size advantage, then he was always going to have problems. You can't just keep beating people with size at this level.

That aside, he's still a good fighter with good wins on his record. I think if he moved up to 160 and fought guys more or less his size, he will lose a lot more. Imagine Canelo, Jacobs or GGG having free shots on his chin like the 154 guys do. It would get ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
            I agree with you, but realistically can he change his style? He's had the Homer Simpson gameplan all along. Idk if he can fight any other way

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              The Mayweather era of boxing has spoiled both fans and fighters. Everyone thinks that a fighter having a loss or losses on his record means that he is not capable of beating an opponent who is favoured. That’s not how it works, it’s never worked like that. It also tells me that so many so called fans are new to the sport and have no concept of boxing’ rich history. Anyone that had been into the sport for a minute knows that styles make fights, fighters can improve their games with trainers that fit their strengths and weaknesses, better strength and conditioning coaches, and sometimes just w better mindset.
              When I see fighters with no defeats on their records all it tells me is they have not had career defining fights. And that goes for ALL undefeated fighters regardless of their national and ethnic origin before someone gets stupid with the country vs country rubbish
              That fight should send a message to Erickson Lubin!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                Let's be honest, if Lara was a few years younger, he would've whooped Hurd.

Not to say Hurd is a bad fighter because you can't just do it on size alone but size has still been a big factor for him. He is a good fighter with a big size advantage usually.

Once he fought someone a bit more skilled, fresh enough and able to overcome the size advantage, then he was always going to have problems. You can't just keep beating people with size at this level.

That aside, he's still a good fighter with good wins on his record. I think if he moved up to 160 and fought guys more or less his size, he will lose a lot more. Imagine Canelo, Jacobs or GGG having free shots on his chin like the 154 guys do. It would get ugly.
                OR, maybe if he could eat, he would have a little more pep in his step! They said he dropped 36 in one week the fight prior to this one! It sounds like this guy walks around near 200, and drains down to 154! That's insane! It can't be healthy!

Comment

No city makes em like Philly! Grit and grind, no shine or wine they always come to fight. Happy for JRock he earned it for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    Let’s not blame Mayweather. Blame HBO. Mayweather was a By Product of HBO’s undefeated nonsense. HBO took pride ostracizing ‘losers’ with 2-3 loses to Showtime.

Just look at how Shawn Porter, Danny Garcia, & Keith Thurman all ducked Spence. Thurman has an argument having been ducked since 2013 but still, the point is if we stop penalizing fighters who lose, then these guys will stop being afraid of taking chances.

Remember this is the HURT business. Jermell Charlo wasn’t crying because he lost a fight or in a video game lol, he was crying because he’s been brainwashed into believing that 1 loss is equivalent to ‘loser’ who can’t comeback from adversity.

I loved Julian Williams post fight interview as much if not more than his performance because everything that he said was true and the respect and class that he showed for Hurd and his family made me a fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X