Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julian Williams: I Outclassed Hurd, The Whole World Doubted Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Julian Williams: I Outclassed Hurd, The Whole World Doubted Me!

Julian "J-Rock'' Williams knew he was walking into the lion's den when he traveled from Philadelphia to Virginia to face undefeated unified super welterweight champion "Swift" Jarrett Hurd in his backyard. But Williams (27-1-1, 16 KOs) wasn't afraid.

[Click Here To Read More]

I gotta say I didn’t think he’d win but props to him for staying poised and winning a good fight hopefully they rematch and we see another good fight

Comment

Probably a candidate for the fight of the yr so far. Much better action than some of the recent higher profile fights that haven't delivered in terms of excitement.

Comment

I doubted him for sure. Especially after how Jermall Charlo manhandled him.

But a loss doesn't have to be the end of the world. If a fighter learns from it and makes adjustments to improve himself then it can be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

I thought Hurd would be too big and strong for him.

Well done Julian Williams

Comment

This has to have a rematch on it??? If they fight again I expect Hurd to win? They fights 5 times your gonna have a different winner. Neither showed they were levels better.

Comment

The problem for the brave and entertaining Hurd is that at 154 his most entertaining fights are going the distance, someones got to teach him to use his hight and jab, Williams gave him a beating to the body, the type that can damage a fighter, his made a name for himself now its time to cash at 160 he deserves it.
              I was very impressed with Williams, a clever fighter, a force at 154.

Comment

Jrock executed a masterpiece. There was nothing close about this fight. Julian won comfortably 10-2 or 9-3. The way he dominated the inside battle was beautiful. Hurd only relies on his size to grind down opponents but Jrock had an elite level gas tank. Harrison, Trout and Lara all folded under that Margarito type pressure but Jrock stood his ground. He didn't try boxing because running from Hurd is suicide hes not gonna stop coming forward.

SALUTE JROCK

Comment

Nice win for JRock! If this JRock shows up on fight night, he's a problem for anyone at 154! Hurd needs to Learn to capitalize on his height and reach much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    This has to have a rematch on it??? If they fight again I expect Hurd to win? They fights 5 times your gonna have a different winner. Neither showed they were levels better.
                    Nah fam! J-Rock is levels above Hurd! Inside and out! We talked about this! All those punches absorbed, and all that weight cutting, finally caught up to Hurd! If Hurd stays @ 154, which I don't think he should, then I want Hurd vs. Lara 2! I want J-Rock vs. the winner of Charlo-Harrison!
                    Last edited by Bronx2245; 05-12-2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X