Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Julian Williams Decks Jarrett Hurd, Beats Him For Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Julian Williams Decks Jarrett Hurd, Beats Him For Titles

Williams, Hurd Fights Photos Gallery - Julian Williams was crowned the WBA, IBO and IBF light-middleweight champion after an upset win over Jarrett Hurd on Saturday. Williams, 29, was impressive in Fairfax, Virginia, a dominant performance earning him a deserved unanimous-decision win over Hurd.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Salute to Breadman! Masterful job!

Comment

The jr middleweight division is red hot....some good matches ahead to include rematches and possibly trilogies. Not sure Hurd will stay at the weight since he’s killing himself to do it and that may have had an effect on last nights performance but between j rock, Charlo, harrison, Hurd, Lubin, and Lara....some cracking fights to be made

Comment

JRock is truly a breath of fresh air for boxing. His performance and victory over Hurd showed the boxing world a perfect example of heart, determination, conditioning, skill and grit, types of attributes we've been missing among most top level boxers.
        JRock, unquestionably top 3 pfp...Crawford, Loma & JRock...

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
          JRock is truly a breath of fresh air for boxing. His performance and victory over Hurd showed the boxing world a perfect example of heart, determination, conditioning, skill and grit, types of attributes we've been missing among most top level boxers.
          Summed up nicely.

Comment

Definitely a great example of why I love boxing. His story and his humility alone is honorable. Now he’s world champion and breaking the patterns of behavior in his family... forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              The jr middleweight division is red hot....some good matches ahead to include rematches and possibly trilogies. Not sure Hurd will stay at the weight since he’s killing himself to do it and that may have had an effect on last nights performance but between j rock, Charlo, harrison, Hurd, Lubin, and Lara....some cracking fights to be made
              The division is definitely putting out a lot of entertaining fights. But it kinda sux because no one is separating themselves as the top guy/guys in the division. Hurd unseated the longtime kingpin in the division. And it was looking like he was on a collision course with Jermell Charlo. But then Jermell had the setback against a former Hurd KO victim in Harrison. And now Hurd turns around and has a setback against a former Jermell KO victim in JRock. Lara is still hanging around. But he and Castano kinda have some unfinished business. And Munguia over on the TR side didn’t look great his last time out. So the division is all over the place. There appears to be competitive fights all over the place, which is a good thing. But there also doesn’t seem to be any real star that’s gonna emerge and separate himself from the pack.

Comment

It was a great performance , I don’t know about putting him at P4P no 3. It wasn’t long ago he was knocked out by a Charlo and didn’t look very impressive against Mayweather ‘s pumpkin head friend( I forgot his name the guy that was on the contenders) it’s easy for me to say it now but I always thought any skilled fighter with conditioning could embarrass Hurd so I’m not remotely surprised. Any way Jrock speech about Hurd’s mum sums up the type of dude he is . Even Hurd’s being magnanimous in defeat speaks volumes. Good luck to both of them in the future

Comment

When outsizing goes wrong

Comment

Absolutely great performance. After that fight I wouldn't pick anyone at 154 beating him

Comment

Working...
                    X