Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Kalajdzic Triple: 480K Viewers Live, 126K For Replay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Kalajdzic Triple: 480K Viewers Live, 126K For Replay

With the ease in which Artur Beterbiev turned away the challenge of Radivoje Hot Rod' Kalajdzic, the stiffer competition-it seems-turned out to be the fight for viewership. The unbeaten light heavyweight titlist made his official debut as a Top Rank-exclusive boxer in his May 4 win over Kalajdzic at the Stockton Arena in Stockton, Calif. The title fight topped an ESPN tripleheader which produced a telecast average of 480,000 viewers according to Nielsen Media Research.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Honestly, I'm surprised it even did those numbers. I totally forgot about the fight until the following day when I started reading up on how good Beterbiev looked.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-07-2019, 02:51 PM.

I think the lowest TV rating on a sat night for Top Rank so far since their ESPN deal is 469K. these are not good numbers and maybe close to their worst ever...but with everything going on it's not that bad. Last weekend was literally the busiest or one of the busiest sports day of the year. Kentucky Derby, Canelo fight in Vegas, Warriors and Rockets NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs and even non sports you have all the Stars Wars shyt going on with May the 4th be with you. Reruns of Star Wars movies were 3 of the top 4 highest rated shows on cable on Saturday LMAO

But these numbers aren't good sportscenter on a loop on saturday night does 500K-600K viewers alone and live programming prime time should be doing 1M viewers at minimum but it was crazy night so 480K can't be mad at.
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-07-2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

on a side note holy shyt a lot of people still watch horse racing. over 16M viewers watched it

Comment

meh I wouldn't be too concerned with these ratings even though they are terrible.

Comment

I taped this and watched it. Shame ESPN put it on when the Canelo fight was on because this was a really good card showcasing 2 top tier boxers in Bieterbiev and Ancajas fighters and a good young prospect in Flores Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
            meh I wouldn't be too concerned with these ratings even though they are terrible.
            Agreed, soon I'm guessing ESPN will transition in putting all fight cards on ESPN+ anyways. I mean they are already putting their top fighters on ESPN+ and away from ESPN.

Comment

The stadium was empty when they panned the camera. It was a decent card too i enjoyed it all. But it was competing against something big and its not easy gaining big interest in a country for a national fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                The stadium was empty when they panned the camera. It was a decent card too i enjoyed it all. But it was competing against something big and its not easy gaining big interest in a country for a national fighter.
                Empty? At what point did it seem empty? Because from what I've seen there were 10k fans and the atmosphere seemed great. The crowd was really into the fights.

Comment

I thought the espn card was good all the way around
                  Just unfortunate that it was going head to head against almost every other sport

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                    They sold 10,000 tickets. Most of them were fans there for the local guy Gabe Flores and some Filipinos for Ancajas. I'm not surprised that most of them left by the main event.

Comment

Working...
                    X