Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd: For Me To Be in FOTY With Lara, I Must Be Exciting Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hurd: For Me To Be in FOTY With Lara, I Must Be Exciting Fighter

Given the fighting style of Jarrett Hurd, it was widely expected that the unbeaten and unified super welterweight would eventually land in a Fight of the Year entrant. The only surprise is the one which eventually earned him such honors.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lara had a similar action fight with angulo. If you have the balls to bring the fight to Lara without fear of counters, he'll make for an exciting fight. If you try to out box, wait on him or conserve your energy, stinkfest.

Comment

Expecting another great fight. Hurd wins his fights Rocky style. He carries you fast, weathers the storm and then becomes an avalanche you can’t escape from. Will be another remarkable outing!!! However can’t sleep on J Rock as his boxing is neat and crisp. Just don’t know if he can hold off a beast like The Hurd for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        Lara had a similar action fight with angulo. If you have the balls to bring the fight to Lara without fear of counters, he'll make for an exciting fight. If you try to out box, wait on him or conserve your energy, stinkfest.
        That's exactly right!

Comment

Hurd is fun to watch I agree with him on that. He doesn't have the best defense in the world which also helps make his fights intriguing to watch.

Comment

Some fighters I admire their skill; Lara, Usyk and even Rigondeaux pre-Loma, also Russell. But fighters like Hurd are just plain compelling to watch, a force of nature. This fight, if it gets past the half-way point has classic written all over it, FoY candidate potential.

Mythical matchup - Hurd vs Canelo (155 version) ??

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              Bingo. Lara's not above banging it out, but he'll only do that if you make him.

Comment

Working...
              X