No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Burnett Inks Promotional Pact With Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Burnett Inks Promotional Pact With Top Rank

Top Rank is proud to announce the signing of former unified bantamweight world champion Ryan Burnett to a multi-fight promotional pact in what is the latest collaboration between Top Rank and Burnett's management group, MTK Global.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wonder why he left Hearn. Seemed he was doing pretty well, won world titles, Hearn got him good fights and sold out big shows in Belfast.

Seems like MTK have pretty close ties with Top Rank though.

Not a bad move for him.

Comment

....?

Why? So Tete and Burnett can have their little unification together on ESPN, assuming that Tete is back with Warren,
      While avoiding the winner of the WBSS?

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
        I wonder why he left Hearn.
        Did he leave Matchroom or did Matchroom just not resign him?

I noticed him on some random ass show recently & was wondering why he wasn't on a Matchroom card.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
          I wonder why he left Hearn. Seemed he was doing pretty well, won world titles, Hearn got him good fights and sold out big shows in Belfast.

Seems like MTK have pretty close ties with Top Rank though.

Not a bad move for him.
          Because he lies to his fighters according to Carl Frampton

4-A81-E920-8150-4550-BE29-6337-C018-E277

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Did he leave Matchroom or did Matchroom just not resign him?

I noticed him on some random ass show recently & was wondering why he wasn't on a Matchroom card.
            No idea. I guess he left.

I can't see why they wouldn't have signed him or worked with him more. He was a world champ until his recent back injury and sells good amounts of tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              ....?

Why? So Tete and Burnett can have their little unification together on ESPN, assuming that Tete is back with Warren,
              While avoiding the winner of the WBSS?
              Donaire smashed Burnett and took his strap. ''little'' as in a sub belt meets Tete's belt?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                Because he lies to his fighters according to Carl Frampton

4-A81-E920-8150-4550-BE29-6337-C018-E277
                ***** me you're dumb, you will literally believe anything. He said it in order to promote a fight. The irony of that quote is that after he said that he nearly ended up resigning with Hearn and is now involved in a lawsuit with his former promoter Barry McGuigan!

Frampton said: "I had interest from America and the UK but then it really came down to two very similar offers from Eddie Hearn and Frank Warren.

"But after some hard thinking I felt that the overall package that Frank Warren and BT Sport were offering me was the deciding factor."

He said: "They are going to have me as one of the faces of boxing on BT which is a real honour for me and that was never going to be the case with Sky who obviously have Anthony Joshua as their main man.

"As the world heavyweight champion AJ is not only one of the biggest names in world boxing but also one of the biggest names in world sport — and Eddie and Sky have a lot of other top fighters who they have to give good profile to."

As for Burnett there is nothing to see here. His promotional deal was likely up and he got an offer from Top Rank that Hearn didn't want to/couldn't match.

Comment

Wonder what happened

Comment

Working...
                  X