Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Efe Ajagba Discusses Showtime Win, His Future Plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Efe Ajagba Discusses Showtime Win, His Future Plans

Efe Ajagba Video Interview - The WBA lightweight title bout between Robert Easter Jr and Rances Barthelemy ended in a split draw on Saturday. Judge Tim Cheatham scored the 12-round fight 115-113 in favour of Easter, Eric Cheek had it 115-113 for Barthelemy and Glenn Trowbridge ranked the clash even at 114-114.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Efe, time to step up and fight a decent D rate fighter...Kevin Johnson is there for the taking...or Stiverne.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonduu View Post
      War Efe, time to step up and fight a decent D rate fighter...Kevin Johnson is there for the taking...or Stiverne.
      I wouldn't mind seeing Johnson next. I was looking at the rankings & seen Dominick Guinn is still fighting...and has still not been stopped. I really like Guinn as an option next.

Don't know that either fight is all that competitive, so I could easily see people poo poo them as opponents. But this is a long game & getting some comfort in going deeper into a fight with trickier guys is only going to be a plus for Efe when he's in there with a talented trickier guy who really can challenge him down the road.

Randomly I think Efe & Ronnie are nuts if they think he's legit 1 year away from a title shot. Or thats within there range anyway it sounds like. I think 2 - 3 years is much more reasonable. Efe only just started fighting real guys & they have been broken down real guys in Mansour (who's ancient now & been stopped by a prospect in his previous fight too) & this cat Saturday (who was a manufactured HW prospect til he took a L in his first real step up just previous to Efe & now they are just cashing out on him probably).

Plus its not like their isn't a line & waitlist for title shots when there are only 2 title holders. Efe is gonna need to really have some money thrown around on his behalf in 2020 to get the guys in the ring who can get him up the rankings & into a title shot cuz personally I don't see Efe being a guy anyone is in a hurry to fight unless he becomes GGG/Manny foreign guy popular suddenly. He's gonna be the classic juice not worth the squeeze situation for Joshua & Wilder (assuming they are the title holders still when Efe is a legit contender which is a big assumption). Too much risk for too little upside.

Comment

Working...
      X