Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: People Will Know Who Vergil Ortiz is After May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: People Will Know Who Vergil Ortiz is After May 4

It's been a good 2019 so far for boxing's 21-and-under stars of tomorrow. Teofimo Lopez went from popular Fortnite in-ring dancer to now viewed as a formidable opponent for Vasiliy Lomachenko, arguably the best pound-for-pound fighter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oscar fishnets Delahoya is doing his job.

Comment

Pulling an old can off the shelf to hype up another hype job doe!!!!

Comment

Oscar has learned from the best

Bob’s protégée has turned the table as a promoter business man and former Hall of Fame fighter so we have to stop hating. Well done Gay La Hoya!

Comment

When he isn’t on that smack, De La Pantyhoses is alright. But he’s always on that smack.

Comment

Come on Oscar are we supposed to be impressed. Mauricio Herrera is 38 years old, 17 years older than this kid. So the kid beats a gatekeeper. Big deal.

Comment

at least 1 ortiz will be relevant ^^

Comment

GB doesn’t have any talent WW to march up.

Comment

Originally posted by armindo54 View Post
                  Come on Oscar are we supposed to be impressed. Mauricio Herrera is 38 years old, 17 years older than this kid. So the kid beats a gatekeeper. Big deal.
                  Yea agree. I was liking this fight initially til I took a look at what Herrera's been up to. Herrera isn't as relevant as he once was. Granted if Ortiz stops him that'll be a nice feather in his cap, but idk that there is any reason people should know Ortiz off of this W.

I do think more people will continue to know about Ortiz cuz he's a talented, exciting guy worth people's time to check out, but this fight isn't going to be some critical mass of popularity gained. He'll need a bigger more meaningful fight over guys more known & that still seems a ways off into the distance. I do look forward to some Regis vs Josh vs Ortiz fights in the future as I do think Ortiz has that kinda potential to compete at the top, but he gots more tests to pass before he's at that level.

Randomly I wouldn't hate seeing Ortiz vs Ryan Martin sometime soon. Think thats a solid move up fight for Ortiz that should be makeable with GGG/Tommy L being on DAZN now.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    Pulling an old can off the shelf to hype up another hype job doe!!!!
                    Vergil is a hype job??? You hating ass punk!
                    I'm sure if he was black and signed to Al Haymon then you'd be sucking his dick like you do all the black fighters.....
                    Last edited by BigStomps; 04-28-2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X