No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Efe Ajagboa Discusses His Debut on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Efe Ajagboa Discusses His Debut on Showtime

Efe Ajagba Video Interview - Former lightweight world champion Robert Easter Jr. and former two-division champion Rances Barthelemy will meet for the vacant WBA Lightweight Title in the main event of a SHOWTIME BOXING: SPECIAL EDITION Saturday, April 27 from The Chelsea inside of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and presented by Premier Boxing Champions.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hughie Fury, Nathan Gorman, Danny Dubois, and Joe Joyce are nothing but future victims of Jefe Ajagba.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
      Hughie Fury, Nathan Gorman, Danny Dubois, and Joe Joyce are nothing but future victims of Jefe Ajagba.
      I think we can expect to see your username change to Efe Ajagba once Wilder loses.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        I think we can expect to see your username change to Efe Ajagba once Wilder loses.
        You really think Wilder has the balls to get in with a fighter like Efe?

Not a chance. This kid is very good. Wilder wants to get to 50 wins without fighting AJ, I doubt he will fight any of AJ, Ajagba, Dubois, Joyce, Whyte etc.

He's looking at the next levels below those.

Comment

Ajagba is not fighting cruiserweight journeymen for 30 fights like Beyonce Wildher? Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
            Wilder will fight anyone...but I don't think he'll be around by the time Efe is in legit title contention in a couple years. Cuz I tend to doubt ANYONE is gonna give Efe a voluntary title shot. It'll probably have to be a mandatory cuz while I don't think anyone is scared of Efe, Efe is a f#cking threat. And he's gonna be a juice not worth the squeeze situation for any title holder til he himself gots a title & the pay is equal or greater to the risk of losing.

Wilder turns 34 this year. Granted HW's age slower it seems than other weight division fighters, but Wilder's athleticism is a large part of why he's successful (along with his power) despite his obvious limitations. That athleticism isn't gonna stick around forever & into his late 30's I'd be willing to bet.

Comment

Not a chance. This kid is very good. Wilder wants to get to 50 wins without fighting AJ, I doubt he will fight any of AJ, Ajagba, Dubois, Joyce, Whyte etc.

He's looking at the next levels below those.
              Nah you misunderstood. I mean that poster will jump ship and change his username to Efe Ajagba once Wilder loses to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                Nah, the real Efe Ajagba will come to BoxingScene.

We're gonna contact him and get him registered here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Wilder will fight anyone...but I don't think he'll be around by the time Efe is in legit title contention in a couple years. Cuz I tend to doubt ANYONE is gonna give Efe a voluntary title shot. It'll probably have to be a mandatory cuz while I don't think anyone is scared of Efe, Efe is a f#cking threat. And he's gonna be a juice not worth the squeeze situation for any title holder til he himself gots a title & the pay is equal or greater to the risk of losing.

Wilder turns 34 this year. Granted HW's age slower it seems than other weight division fighters, but Wilder's athleticism is a large part of why he's successful (along with his power) despite his obvious limitations. That athleticism isn't gonna stick around forever & into his late 30's I'd be willing to bet.
                  "Wilder will fight anyone."
                  Have you just got out of a coma or been stranded on a desert island for a year?
                  I'll bring you up to speed: He's ducking Anthony Joshua.

Comment

"Wilder will fight anyone."
                    Have you just got out of a coma or been stranded on a desert island for a year?
                    I'll bring you up to speed: He's ducking Anthony Joshua.
                    Thats money sh^t bro. Don't be silly or fanboy-ish.

You don't get where Joshua, Wilder, Fury or hell any top ten-ish proven guy at a high level is at by making fear based decisions. All these mfers have bet & continue to bet on themselves which is more than I can say for anyone calling them scared or saying they are ducking or whatever from behind a keyboard.

I f#cking bet you Wilder finds equal or equal-ish money as he's been offered for Joshua (or another big fight if Joshua loses) if he catches a L between now & the fight or he'll get a better than $40M for the Joshua fight & $30M per fight for a multi fight deal like the $120M DAZN offer for 4 fights he got.

The $15M initial offer to the current $30M per fight offer shows that Wilder's value was either undervalued by DAZN initially or somehow it doubled with a draw (that I & most thought was a L). The latter not making much sense to me. For sure Wilder is taking a risk, but as a fighter you're always taking risks. This is a fickle sport at times that can change on a dime.

Comment

Working...
                    X