Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Believes Time is Right For Dave Allen vs. David Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch Believes Time is Right For Dave Allen vs. David Price

This past Saturday night in London, heavyweight contender Dave Allen picked up the biggest win of his career when he knocked out former WBA champion Lucas Browne in the third round with a big body shot. The victory now sets the stage for Allen to pursue much bigger opportunities in his division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

C Grade fight, but light entertainment all the same.

Comment

Carl Froid would like to see Dave Allen match sniffing skills with David Price?!

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
        C Grade fight, but light entertainment all the same.
        'C' is generous. I know a lot of guys here like trashcan fights like this but it's weird to me that this sort of thing is actually being elevated to a headliner these days. I can dig it when it's an undercard but it speaks to the sad state of the biz when these bumfights are the only competitive matches we get because the real talents are all keeping busy with wild mismatches.

Comment

Lol, Allen and Price! These two have somehow resurrect whatever career they have left and have been able to continue to make a living from boxing still. They would never be world champions, but somehow they are headlining. This seems more out of pity more than anything else.

Comment

Time for whom? It’s been time for Price to retire for a while now, and just because Allen decimates one of Whyte’s best wins doesn’t mean he’s a main event player

Not on this side of the Atlantic at least.

Comment

I like Pricey, he seems like a nice guy - but he's a step down from Lucas Browne. If they want to keep it an all Brit affair, then I'd make Allen-Chisora. Other than that, get Allen in with someone along the lines of Washington, Martin, Dimitrenko or Helenius.

Comment

The heavyweight division is picking up in the UK so on the 20/7/19 make a heavyweight night.

Whyte v Rivas, Price v Hughie Fury,Allen v Gorman, Chisora v Parker & Joyce v Dubois.

A good undercard on Whyte v Rivas that's worth the PPV money.

Comment

a meaningless but potentially entertaining fight so I'd tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                    The heavyweight division is picking up in the UK so on the 20/7/19 make a heavyweight night.

Whyte v Rivas, Price v Hughie Fury,Allen v Gorman, Chisora v Parker & Joyce v Dubois.

A good undercard on Whyte v Rivas that's worth the PPV money.
                    Gorman and Dubois are Frank Warren boxers, from BT sport. That would never happen. This is a Matchroom/Sky sport show.

Comment

Working...
                    X