Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev: Facing Artur Beterbiev is a Priority For Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev: Facing Artur Beterbiev is a Priority For Me

World Boxing Organization (WBO) light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev has no problem with facing his division rival, countryman Artur Beterbiev, who holds the IBF world champion. For years, the two boxers were unable to face each other due to politics and competing networks.
    [Click Here To Read More]

ESPN needs to sign Bivol now that he's a free agent and make a 175 tournament the centerpiece of their boxing programming. Loma and Crawford are going to be off to PPV regularly soon, just like Canelo, Floyd, and Pacquiao were with HBO and Showtime. What ESPN needs is some new stars who are talented enough to give fans PPV-quality fights on regular ESPN, but not big enough stars to demand PPV-sized-money.

ESPN needs the equivalent of a GGG that was on HBO. Exciting, top talent, but unknown at first, not a big enough name for PPV, so HBO got to air that type of talent on its regular airwaves for years.

175 should be ESPN's GGG. It doesn't have to be one guy, it can be an entire division. In fact it's better to have an entire division. People keep saying the WBSS needs to do a 175 tournament, but who needs the WBSS in this case? ESPN has 3 of the champs at 175, and Bivol is a free agent. Sign Bivol and you can make your own tournament. You want to introduce casual sports fans back into boxing? You want to give them an actual semblance of a SPORT where they can actually follow it and get engaged and follow the **** from one round to the next over an entire year? Sign Bivol, and make that 175 tourney exclusive on ESPN. That **** would be a STATEMENT in the boxing game. No other promoter would have anything half as good to announce for years.

If ESPN actually wants to beat DAZN and PBC, then a 175 tournament is their ticket. I don't care about that personally, I just want to see it as a boxing fan, but I'm just saying, it makes so much business sense for ESPN too.

Comment

hell yessss!! this will be a warrrr

Comment

Kovalev is ducking canelo!

Comment

Oleksandr beats all of them.

Comment

The longer they hold off, the less likely it becomes.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              ESPN needs to sign Bivol now that he's a free agent and make a 175 tournament the centerpiece of their boxing programming. Loma and Crawford are going to be off to PPV regularly soon, just like Canelo, Floyd, and Pacquiao were with HBO and Showtime. What ESPN needs is some new stars who are talented enough to give fans PPV-quality fights on regular ESPN, but not big enough stars to demand PPV-sized-money.

If ESPN actually wants to beat DAZN and PBC, then a 175 tournament is their ticket. I don't care about that personally, I just want to see it as a boxing fan, but I'm just saying, it makes so much business sense for ESPN too.
              after bob mentioned boycotting fights like spence porter i just got sick at my stomach bc he's more interested in trying to be mad that crawford isnt haymon's priority more than he's worried about making all 3 of his champs fight eatch other at 175. and the majority media isnt saying a word about it.

Comment

I really like this fight.

There are caveats... Kovalev is old and not prime. Beterbiev is inactive - 13 pro fights by the age of 34 is not good.

But, despite that, I still really like this fight.

Comment

Lets f#cking do it then.

Kov probably only gots a handful of fights left so lets get him in another fun fight & its waaaaaaay past time for Beterbiev to get some big fights. Beterbiev is turning 35 the week after Joshua fights ffs & he's not had a truly meaningful fight yet reallllllly.

Comment

Yeah i agree, let's get it on.
                    Beterbiev will whup Kovalev's a## for good.
                    From Tchechenia with love.

Comment

Working...
                    X