Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: FIGHT NIGHT: Shields vs. Hammer - Video Released By Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: FIGHT NIGHT: Shields vs. Hammer - Video Released By Showtime

SHOWTIME Sports released "FIGHT NIGHT: Shields vs. Hammer," a 20-minute feature that captures all the drama of the undisputed middleweight world championship event between undefeated Claressa Shields and Christina Hammer last Saturday in Atlantic City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great video. Very nice to see it all come together and the respect shown at the end.

Comment

I wish these networks would stop trying to shove women's
      boxing down our throats. It's not being done for any noble reason,
      such as to promote and grow the popularity of women's boxing.
      It's only being done in an attempt to save money.
      Cheap programming that they attempt to make you believe is
      valuable entertainment.
      It's a disrespectful insult to our intelligence. Major networks do
      not bother trying to force sport fans to appreciate the WNBA,
      NWHL, or any other female sport, because nobody will watch
      and it's a waste of their airwaves.
      The UFC might have some success promoting women's fights,
      but UFC fans are generally lowbrow morons who have more in
      common with WWE fans than with boxing fans.
      Speaking of WWE, they have the most success promoting
      women because they don't pretend to be a sport, and they
      understand that you need T&A to sell women's sports.

Comment

lol what drama? It was a pillow puncher smacking around a useless turd.

The only "drama" I saw was a conceited little brat calling herself the greatest woman of all time because she beat a punching bag.

Comment

The network see the $$$$$ potential in Women's boxing. I see :boobies: and some pretty good looking ring girls.

Comment

Being the greatest woman boxer of all time is like being the greatest trench digger of all time,theres no competition,nobody cares,& nobody wants to see that.

Comment

Claressa Shields is the best and always have her 2 gold medals in her purse.

This is excellent good stuff. Also, the hate is real.
              Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 04-18-2019, 10:09 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

I think you'll find anybody with any brains will appreciate Katie Taylor as a fine boxer , role modal and all round great advert for boxing , not just female boxing either , she is humble , talented and leaves all her talking in the ring. I didn't mind shields last week but since her comments about beating men I will now bypass any press release and interest in her completely, what a ****** needless comment that was..then there's equal pay and shot like that , she needs reigning in .
                Last edited by Buggy bear; 04-19-2019, 01:09 AM.

Comment

As a female boxer Shields is a great talent and she's only getting better. John David Jackson is sharpening her up and fine tuning some things

I just don't like where her ego is going in terms of being able to beat men and all that.

Women's boxing doesn't have a lot of depth right now. Dominating there is in no way comparable to dominating in the much deeper and more competitive world of men's boxing.

She needs to dial it down a bit and be more grounded.

Comment

Working...
                  X