Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shields-Hammer Fight Peaked At 369,000 Viewers On Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shields-Hammer Fight Peaked At 369,000 Viewers On Showtime

The biggest fight of Claressa Shields' career drew slightly lower viewership than her previous appearance on Showtime. Nielsen Media Research viewership figures released Tuesday revealed that the Shields-Christina Hammer fight drew a peak audience of 369,000 viewers Saturday night. Average viewership for their 10-round middleweight title unification fight was 339,000.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Those are pretty low numbers, which is sad. I was there and the crowd was really hype for Shields and seemed really into it the whole event, guess that doesn't translate to viewers lol. Had a great time and I'd definitely pay to go see Shields next time she's on the east coast.

Comment

Damn! More than Canelo & AJ's last fights on DAZN combined!!

Claressa "A-side" Shields. GWOAT!

Comment

Sad to say but nobody cares about female boxing. I think Katie Taylor might have the best chance of crossing over but it won't be Shields.

FS1 card did even worse sat night. PREMIER BOXING CHAMPION L: PETER QUILLIN/CALEB TRUAX drew 181K viewers.

Comment

Showtime ratings have been poor this year. Easter vs Barthelemy is a nice fight coming up but neither of those guys are big draws so that won't do good numbers either.

Comment

Not great but it's a start! Good fight though!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Sad to say but nobody cares about female boxing. I think Katie Taylor might have the best chance of crossing over but it won't be Shields.

FS1 card did even worse sat night. PREMIER BOXING CHAMPION L: PETER QUILLIN/CALEB TRUAX drew 181K viewers.
              It’s all good. Katie Taylor bought to do her thing on DAZN under the Joshua undercard! For undisputed and the GWOAT!

Comment

Originally posted by dean_razorback View Post
                lol, no one gives a fuck about shields

.......smh
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-16-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Great numbers for Claressa. Keep kicking ass you sexy beast.

Comment

Horrendous figures for 'the biggest womens fight of all time'.

Comment

Working...
                    X