No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: ESPN Weights: Lomachenko 134.4, Anthony Crolla 134.8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: ESPN Weights: Lomachenko 134.4, Anthony Crolla 134.8

LOS ANGELES - Anthony Crolla wants to make Manchester, England, proud by delivering one of the biggest upsets in British boxing history. The fighter known as "Million Dollar" officially got that opportunity Thursday after he and Vasiliy Lomachenko made weight for their WBO/WBA lightweight title fight at Staples Center on Friday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Alvarado on the card, eh?

If he wins this (not guaranteed), Top Rank should try and match him against Humberto Soto.

Comment

He's fighting the guy who lost twice to the guy he already beat?

This is one of those you hope styles make the fight.

Comment

That guy looks much bigger than Loma in a face-off.

Comment

WAR Crolla! But Loma got this.

Comment

Should be a really good fight! Two well matched guys. I think 115-113 Crolla. But expecting a controversial split decision win for Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
              He's fighting the guy who lost twice to the guy he already beat?

This is one of those you hope styles make the fight.
              Its a long hope. Style-wise Loma/Linares always had more potential as Linares has movement, speed and skills - Crolla is more basic, covering up and looking to fight out of a peekaboo defence while being as tough as nails and able to absorb a lot of shots.

So stylewise, if you had to design a style for Loma to look superhuman again, its not far removed from Crolla.

Something doesn't look quite right with Crolla too, and suspect he's overtrained or cut too much to make weight. I supect he might not be able to take as much punishment as he's usually able to absorb.

I'm expecting the corner to pull him out around the 9th round mark when its just punchbag practice for Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
                Should be a really good fight! Two well matched guys. I think 115-113 Crolla. But expecting a controversial split decision win for Lomachenko.
                Man that's a stretch. Something would have to be really off for Crolla to make it close. Only thing I can think of is if Loma busted a hand or his shoulder went again and he had to fight one-handed.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
                  Really? How did you get to that conclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by MickG View Post
                    Really? How did you get to that conclusion?
                    Crystal Meth.

Comment

Working...
                    X