Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Peter Quillin, Caleb Truax - Face To Face at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Peter Quillin, Caleb Truax - Face To Face at Final Presser

Peter Quillin, Caleb Truax Final Press Conference Photos Gallery - Former world champions Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin and Caleb "Golden" Truax went face-to-face Thursday at the final press conference before they meet in an IBF Super Middleweight World Title Eliminator that headlines Premier Boxing Champions on FS1 and FOX Deportes this Saturday from the Armory in Minneapolis. (photos by Andrew Dobin/The Armory)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Quillin in an intersting fighter. He is a legitimate hard puncher but doesn’t have a high ko ratio and doesn’t finish opponents. I always thought he missed out by not going with the best trainer for himself. He has that Danny Garcia or Ingemar Johanson type power in one hand. Donny LaLonde was like that....hit hard with one hand and couldn’t crush an egg with the other.

Comment

I reckon he has power but only if you are on the end of his long right hand, If someone can get inside then they have a good chance against him IMO.

Comment

Totally agree with oldskoolg.qill had the talent athleticism and potential punching power to become a legend he just never had a good strength and conditioning coach or a great trainer.waste of talent smdh

Comment

Anyone else thinking Truax gots a solid chance to win this? He's like a +220ish last I looked. Think I might throw some money on him here.

Quillin is more talented, but his focus & dedication to boxing has seemed off lately more than ever & he didn't seem THAT focused & dedicated at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Anyone else thinking Truax gots a solid chance to win this? He's like a +220ish last I looked. Think I might throw some money on him here.

Quillin is more talented, but his focus & dedication to boxing has seemed off lately more than ever & he didn't seem THAT focused & dedicated at his best.
            I feel you on that Quillin observation, he's also seemed way too tentative with his offence (in his last few fights).... If he's still reluctant to set up his shots around better comp, he'll end up being that Jermain Taylor of a pretty talented division. He's gonna need some serious motivation to get back in the mix - I don't see it happening...what'll motivate him?

Comment

Idk Panda. Quillin took the necessary time off to recoup from the Jacobs beat down. I believe he might come back with a new and improved look. Hell its your money doe! I got Quillin in this via a wide decision. Prove me wrong brother

Comment

Pete Let's Go! Big Up Cuba! Big Up Flint! Big Up BK! R.I.P. Celia Cruz! AZUCAR!

Comment

I think Peter fights b/c he has to! If he had the ability to do something else, and make the same money he would've quit after Jacobs! I think he realizes (and hopefully Wifey too) that "this is what I do!" I know he has the talent, but still unsure if he has the will. I wouldn't bet against him right now, b/c he's hungry, but I'm not sure what he does if the money starts coming in! I don't think he feels this is the cash out fight, but I think he's looking for one! Who would you choose if it was Eubank Jr. vs. Quillin?

Comment

I like Quillin. He seems like a good dude. But the way Danny hit him, idk if he can be the same after that. That shot disconnected him from his senses. Shots like that damage your motor skills, reflexes, slows your reaction time down making it easier for other people to hit you.

Comment

Working...
                    X