No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Burnett vs. Jelbirt Gomera - May 17 on ESPN+

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Burnett vs. Jelbirt Gomera - May 17 on ESPN+

Former unified bantamweight world champion Ryan Burnett will make a sensational return on the #MTKFightNight at Belfast's Ulster Hall on May 17 in association with Top Rank and broadcast live on ESPN+. After the success of March's bill at the historic venue, which saw Luke Keeler dethrone Conrad Cummings as WBO European champion amid a raucous atmosphere, one of the city's most successful fighters will spearhead the follow-up.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Matchroom released him after a loss ?

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
      Matchroom released him after a loss ?
      No, he's still with Matchroom. But his management team is MTK Global and they put on small shows like this one.

Comment

Damn Burnett fighting again so soon?

Really feel bad for the kid that he got injured in that fight. He was a dark horse in the tournament imo and I think he would have beaten Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          No, he's still with Matchroom. But his management team is MTK Global and they put on small shows like this one.
          That makes sense he's not a bad fighter

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post

Really feel bad for the kid that he got injured in that fight. He was a dark horse in the tournament imo and I think he would have beaten Donaire.
            I thought he was the #1 seed.

Comment

Get well burnett and get that ass beat for realz by Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                I thought he was the #1 seed.
                Could be but nobody on here gave the kid a chance to win the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post

I not sure he would have beat Donaire but he should have got his chance I also felt terrible for the kid to lose his titles and undefeated record that way it sucked.Was not sure how much Donaire had left and moving down in weight late in career is almost always a disaster.And we never really did get to see not much happened in those rds it was pretty even with both guys still trying to get a feel imo.Donaire at his best which prob was 118 was at a level that Burnett my fellow Irishmen will never see though.

Comment

Surely Burnett Vs Ukashir Farooq or Georges Ory would have made for a better contest!!...........

Comment

Working...
                    X