Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk is Focused on Skill, Not Bulking Up, Says Sparring Partner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Usyk is Focused on Skill, Not Bulking Up, Says Sparring Partner

Unified cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk is preparing for his heavyweight debut. After unifying the WBA, WBO, IBF, IBF world titles last year, Usyk would now like to conquer the entire heavyweight division. Usyk is working with sparring partner Fabio Wardley, to prepare for a planned fight with heavyweight veteran Carlos Takam at the likely location of Chicago in May.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Usyk, war!

Comment

He will beat all heavyweights weighing 205 . Kind of like Mayweather weighing 150 fight night beating guys weighing 170 fight night skills will prevail over size

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        He will beat all heavyweights weighing 205 . Kind of like Mayweather weighing 150 fight night beating guys weighing 170 fight night skills will prevail over size
        The same 150 Mayweather that needed illegally large amounts of saline IVs vs Pacquiao because he was "dehydrated" making 147?

Like yeah if those numbers were true, then we could say Usyk can also do it, but I'm starting to really doubt those "unofficial" numbers that said Floyd was 10 or 15 lbs smaller than his opponents but in reality he looked just as heavy or heavier, and the way his punches affected them, and the way he took their punches, suggested the same thing. I actually believe Floyd was 7 lbs smaller than Castillo, like Loma was 11 smaller than Salido, and you could see the effect in both of those fights. Floyd later fights at 147, even 154, never had that effect because I believe by then, he had filled out to the point he was one of the biggest welterweights, and those fight night weight numbers given by HBO or Showtime were fake. Just my opinion.

Also, a 150 lbs fighter can still maybe take one great punch from a 170 lbs guy, because it's still two medium to smaller men in the ring, but a 205 might not even be able to take one great punch from a 250 guy. The size difference is magnified at heavyweight. The weight class favors punchers more than boxers much more than welterweight does.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          The same 150 Mayweather that needed illegally large amounts of saline IVs vs Pacquiao because he was "dehydrated" making 147?

Like yeah if those numbers were true, then we could say Usyk can also do it, but I'm starting to really doubt those "unofficial" numbers that said Floyd was 10 or 15 lbs smaller than his opponents but in reality he looked just as heavy or heavier, and the way his punches affected them, and the way he took their punches, suggested the same thing. I actually believe Floyd was 7 lbs smaller than Castillo, like Loma was 11 smaller than Salido, and you could see the effect in both of those fights. Floyd later fights at 147, even 154, never had that effect because I believe by then, he had filled out to the point he was one of the biggest welterweights, and those fight night weight numbers given by HBO or Showtime were fake. Just my opinion.

Also, a 150 lbs fighter can still maybe take one great punch from a 170 lbs guy, because it's still two medium to smaller men in the ring, but a 205 might not even be able to take one great punch from a 250 guy. The size difference is magnified at heavyweight. The weight class favors punchers more than boxers much more than welterweight does.
          Well we know the reason for that it was to flush the Ariza Shakes out of his system

Comment

Well, when the fck is his fight gonna get announced already?

Comment

This is good news. Usyk just needs to be Usyk. A bit bigger but the focus should be on the skills. Really looking forward to this fight. Should be a good gauge for where he's at.

Comment

Speed is the key for Usyk, he call himself a rabbit for a reason.

Comment

Nice Usyk! You don't have to beat these big dosser by weighing 240lbs. Beat them with smarts and skills!

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Except the article said he is bulking up ,just not massively. he wont be fighting at 205 at HW ,why would he do that ? Ha

Comment

Working...
                    X