Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Esquiva Falcao, Robson Conceicao Grab Big Wins in Brazil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Esquiva Falcao, Robson Conceicao Grab Big Wins in Brazil

As part of a huge show called "Boxing For You V", televised by four networks in Brazil, Esquiva Falcao (23-0, 15 KO's), WBA #5, IBF #8 and WBC #10 in the 160 pound rankings, had no problems in dominating the tough veteran and former world title challenger from Argentina, Jorge "El Chino" Miranda (56-18, 22 ko's) over ten rounds in the specially mounted arena at the beach of the Portobello Resort & Safari, in ****ratiba, Rio de Janeiro, this past Sunday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why are these guys still fighting in Brazil? Robson has a win over Loma in the amateurs. He's also 30 years old! It's time to go hard! Falcao is ranked #5 by the WBA, #8 by the IBF, and #10 by the WBC. Can't he get a fight with a top contender?

Esquiva Falcao joins Top Rank

November 14, 2013:

Top Rank's Olympic signing binge continued on Thursday with the signing of 2012 middleweight silver medalist Esquiva Falcao of Brazil.

Falcao, the eighth 2012 Olympian to sign with Top Rank, will make his pro debut in early 2014, the company said.

In a twist, Falcao's brother, Yamaguchi Falcao, 25, signed with Top Rank archrival Golden Boy in October.

In the Olympic final in London, Esquiva Falcao, a southpaw, lost 14-13 to gold medalist Ryota Murata of Japan, who also signed with Top Rank and made his pro debut on Aug. 25.

"We are thrilled that Esquiva has joined Top Rank. He has so much talent and we look forward to letting that talent shine on an international stage," Top Rank president Todd duBoef said. "Brazil boasts a robust media market and a rabid fan base. There is a reason why Brazil is hosting the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2016 Summer Olympics. We look forward to using those platforms in promoting Esquiva."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...signs-top-rank

OK, Falcao is 29! Time to put on the big boy pants, and get it moving! Let's Go! Brant vs. Falcao! MAN UP!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Why are these guys still fighting in Brazil? Robson has a win over Loma in the amateurs. He's also 30 years old! It's time to go hard! Falcao is ranked #5 by the WBA, #8 by the IBF, and #10 by the WBC. Can't he get a fight with a top contender?

Esquiva Falcao joins Top Rank

November 14, 2013:

Top Rank's Olympic signing binge continued on Thursday with the signing of 2012 middleweight silver medalist Esquiva Falcao of Brazil.

Falcao, the eighth 2012 Olympian to sign with Top Rank, will make his pro debut in early 2014, the company said.

In a twist, Falcao's brother, Yamaguchi Falcao, 25, signed with Top Rank archrival Golden Boy in October.

In the Olympic final in London, Esquiva Falcao, a southpaw, lost 14-13 to gold medalist Ryota Murata of Japan, who also signed with Top Rank and made his pro debut on Aug. 25.

"We are thrilled that Esquiva has joined Top Rank. He has so much talent and we look forward to letting that talent shine on an international stage," Top Rank president Todd duBoef said. "Brazil boasts a robust media market and a rabid fan base. There is a reason why Brazil is hosting the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2016 Summer Olympics. We look forward to using those platforms in promoting Esquiva."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...signs-top-rank

OK, Falcao is 29! Time to put on the big boy pants, and get it moving! Let's Go! Brant vs. Falcao! MAN UP!
      i read it is the first time as a pro they fought in Brazil fam.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        i read it is the first time as a pro they fought in Brazil fam.
        I get that, but they're both good fighters, and they should be stepping up, especially Falcao! Canceicao is 30! Let's Go:

At the age of 30, Robson is a two-year pro. A sensational prospect at 130 pounds, he was an elite amateur at the international level before his debut – a three-time Brazilian Olympian who became the first boxer from his country to win an Olympic gold medal in 2016.

He fought 10 times in his first two years as a pro...

In his last fight on November 3 in El Paso, Texas, Robson won an eight-round unanimous decision against Joey Laviolette.

Boxingscene.com’s Keith Idec reported [excerpts]: Junior lightweight prospect Robson Conceicao dominated Canada’s Joey Laviolette in a completely one-sided eight-rounder Conceicao won by unanimous decision.

Conceicao, a 2016 Olympic gold medalist from Brazil, won by the same margin on each of the three scorecards (80-72).

The bigger, faster Conceicao basically took target practice on Laviolette throughout the first half of their fight. He landed an assortment of power shots to his opponent’s head and body, but never appeared to hurt Laviolette (9-2, 5 KOs), who hasn’t been knocked out as a pro. [End Idec item]

In his post-fight interview, Robson said through an interpreter, “This is my second bout fighting eight rounds and I felt great. I always train hard and I am always in great physical condition. I feel like I’m prepared to go the 12-round distance.

“I want to face the best. I’m ready to battle against the champions of the junior lightweight division. I want Tevin Farmer, Miguel Berchelt, Alberto Machado, or Gervonta Davis – I don’t care who it is. I want a title!”

https://www.toprank.com/all-fighters/robson-conceicao/

Comment

I get that, but they're both good fighters, and they should be stepping up, especially Falcao! Canceicao is 30! Let's Go:

At the age of 30, Robson is a two-year pro. A sensational prospect at 130 pounds, he was an elite amateur at the international level before his debut – a three-time Brazilian Olympian who became the first boxer from his country to win an Olympic gold medal in 2016.

He fought 10 times in his first two years as a pro...

In his last fight on November 3 in El Paso, Texas, Robson won an eight-round unanimous decision against Joey Laviolette.

Boxingscene.com’s Keith Idec reported [excerpts]: Junior lightweight prospect Robson Conceicao dominated Canada’s Joey Laviolette in a completely one-sided eight-rounder Conceicao won by unanimous decision.

Conceicao, a 2016 Olympic gold medalist from Brazil, won by the same margin on each of the three scorecards (80-72).

The bigger, faster Conceicao basically took target practice on Laviolette throughout the first half of their fight. He landed an assortment of power shots to his opponent’s head and body, but never appeared to hurt Laviolette (9-2, 5 KOs), who hasn’t been knocked out as a pro. [End Idec item]

In his post-fight interview, Robson said through an interpreter, “This is my second bout fighting eight rounds and I felt great. I always train hard and I am always in great physical condition. I feel like I’m prepared to go the 12-round distance.

“I want to face the best. I’m ready to battle against the champions of the junior lightweight division. I want Tevin Farmer, Miguel Berchelt, Alberto Machado, or Gervonta Davis – I don’t care who it is. I want a title!”

https://www.toprank.com/all-fighters/robson-conceicao/
          im sure Conceicao will fight Brant this year. It says robson is moving to 126 so he’s probably getting Valdez. He turned pro at a very old age.

Comment

im sure Conceicao will fight Brant this year. It says robson is moving to 126 so he’s probably getting Valdez. He turned pro at a very old age.
            I think you meant Falcao. Robson was an amateur for a long time, just like Loma! He should definitely be fast-tracked!

Comment

I think you meant Falcao. Robson was an amateur for a long time, just like Loma! He should definitely be fast-tracked!
              yeah falcao. They don’t have a lot of middleweight options anyway.

As for Robson have u seen him fight? He ain’t even close to as good as Loma.

Comment

Actually, Robson doesn't have a win over Loma....in the end, Loma took the victory. He did lose to Albert Selimov in 2007, and then Loma won the two rematches.

Comment

I like Falcao far more than Robson in terms of style and how far he can go.

Comment

yeah falcao. They don’t have a lot of middleweight options anyway.

As for Robson have u seen him fight? He ain’t even close to as good as Loma.
                    I actually saw them fight each other in the amateurs on YouTube. Loma is better, but the kid is good! I don't understand why he's going down to 126? I guess they would rather him be a big guy @ 126, than a normal guy @ 130?

Comment

Working...
                    X