Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Explains Why Time is Now For Billy Joe Saunders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Explains Why Time is Now For Billy Joe Saunders

Former WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders (27-0, 13 KOs) needs to make a real statement this year, so says his longtime promoter Frank Warren. Saunders had the performance of his career when he dominated David Lemieux at the end of 2017.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The 'time' was in 2015 when he beat Lee. The time was also in 2017 when he beat Lemieux.

Fighting Shefat Islam in Stevenage in May for his first fight of 2019 doesn't really fill me with confidence that Billy Joe is heading for an annus mirabilis.

EDIT: The more inquisitive of our international friends may be wondering what is this place 'Stevenage' - may even in fact be tempted to Google it. I wouldn't waste your time.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 04-01-2019, 02:35 AM.

Comment

BJS is a wasted talent, I say this as a fan of his style coming up the amatuer and pro ranks. He never was dedicated as he should be and the drug test failure did it for me.

Even if he goes on to achieve more in his career he has tainted it. With hardwork and more dedication i believe he could have had more fights, more wins, more titles in two separate weight class.

He was more than happy holding on to the WBO Middleweight belt and not unifying or challenging himself like Wilder is currently doing. Its sad when you see potential in boxers and winning a belt is it for them, no ambition to actually be a multiple beltholder or weight class champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        The 'time' was in 2015 when he beat Lee. The time was also in 2017 when he beat Lemieux.

Fighting Shefat Islam in Stevenage in May for his first fight of 2019 doesn't really fill me with confidence that Billy Joe is heading for an annus mirabilis.

EDIT: The more inquisitive of our international friends may be wondering what is this place 'Stevenage' - may even in fact be tempted to Google it. I wouldn't waste your time.
        Well said. He is promoted on the same way Khan and a few others are in that it's perpetually "the time" for them to really shine. I was a fan of BJS at one point but I lost interest a long time ago when I started seeing through the BS. And, no, I wasn't bedazzled by him outboxing Lemieux...

Comment

Warren is right, sweet-pea Saunders is the best middleweight

or maybe Canelo is the best middleweight ?

I dunno, it is one of them anyway

Comment

Not looking good for BJS making the most of "his time" with this next fight.

I think (or maybe thought at this point) BJS could be the sleeper of the division, but his trajectory has been f#cking awful for several years & his activity looks like the employment history of a low level criminal who keeps getting locked up between jobs.

Much like with Beterbiev my high opinion on BJS's potential is falling cuz of this unfocused movement that seems to be going no where exciting any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              BJS is a wasted talent, I say this as a fan of his style coming up the amatuer and pro ranks. He never was dedicated as he should be and the drug test failure did it for me.

Even if he goes on to achieve more in his career he has tainted it. With hardwork and more dedication i believe he could have had more fights, more wins, more titles in two separate weight class.

He was more than happy holding on to the WBO Middleweight belt and not unifying or challenging himself like Wilder is currently doing. Its sad when you see potential in boxers and winning a belt is it for them, no ambition to actually be a multiple beltholder or weight class champion.

Its sad when you see potential in boxers and winning a belt is it for them, no ambition to actually be a multiple beltholder or weight class champion. I feel like this applies to Tyson Fury.

Comment

He needs to target Andrade.. an try to get his belt back.

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                  He needs to target Andrade.. an try to get his belt back.
                  He moved to 168 after testing (+) for a stimulant that assists rapid weight loss.

Claimed the drug was incidentally used, but his move to 168 contradicts that VERY much

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
                    Its sad when you see potential in boxers and winning a belt is it for them, no ambition to actually be a multiple beltholder or weight class champion. I feel like this applies to Tyson Fury.
                    It can actually, because after beating Wladimir, he just gave away his career. Winning a title should be "It". Its about the run of defending that title, taking on all comers, unifying etc

Comment

Working...
                    X