Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robbie Davies Wins EBU Belt, Disputed Nod Over Joe Hughes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robbie Davies Wins EBU Belt, Disputed Nod Over Joe Hughes

Liverpool's Robbie Davies Jr won the EBU super-lightweight title while also defending the British title with a controversial decision over Joe Hughes, the latter of whom most ringsiders - including Boxingscene - scored in favour of.

[Click Here To Read More]

Disputed??? Some people really don't know how to score fights.

Comment

118-110 was disgusting but I think a round or two either way was fair.

I scored it 115-114 for Davies.

Comment

I had Hughes winning by a round or 2 but there was enough close rounds to go the other way. An 8 round difference is a disgrace though, makes it look like a home cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          Disputed??? Some people really don't know how to score fights.
          Agreed. Sky Sports make me sick with their agendas. Macklin gung-ho in his approach to big up one fighter and ignore the other fighter's best work. Does my head in. Sure a lot of these dum-dum heads watching on TV are easily swayed by the commentary. Robbie Davies Jr. is a classy boxer in spurts, his old man used to live down the road from me and was a man of the people. So I do have a soft spot for Jr..

Comment

I had money on Davies Jr but felt Hughes did enough. Regardless the judge who had that 118-110 should be fired immediately. Criminal scoring.

Comment

10 rounds?

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
              I had Hughes winning by a round or 2 but there was enough close rounds to go the other way. An 8 round difference is a disgrace though, makes it look like a home cooking.
              Davies 10 rounds X 10 points =100 points plus 2 rounds X 9 points =18 total 118points. Joe Hughes. 10rounds X 9 points =90 points plus 2 rounds at 10 points =20 Total 110. O Conner had Davies winning 10 rounds and Hughes 2???

Comment

I'm a big fan of Robbie but Hughes took it by 2 rounds for me.
                Even Eddie Hearn thought Hughes won and you'd expect him to be bias to Robbie.
                10 rounds to 2 by 'O' Connor
                Is disgusting.
                Hughes deserves a rematch but with EBU judges. At least he'd get a fair shout.

Comment

Working...
                X