No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lebedev vs. Okolie WBA Title Clash Targeted For July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lebedev vs. Okolie WBA Title Clash Targeted For July

Eddie Hearn, promoter for undefeated cruiserweight contender Lawrence Okolie (12-0, 9 KOs), is targeting a July world title fight for his man, against veteran Denis Lebedev. The WBA world title is now vacant, after Oleksandr Usyk vacated the crown to focus on a planned campaign of the heavyweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Okolie can pull this off.....

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      Okolie can pull this off.....
      Yep the timing strongly favours Okolie for sure (Lebedev being 39/40 and battleworn).... also factoring his physical advantages you'd have to say it's a golden opportunity and one he should win if he is to realise his potential in this sport.

Comment

I haven't been particularly impressed with Okolie when I've seen him. He seemed uninspired versus Askin and his stoppage of Camacho would be more impressive if Walid didn't look like he would drop if caught with a stiff gust of wind.

That being said, this is a fight that Okolie might be able to pull off. I think the Jones and Gassiev fights took something out of Denis and he looked pretty shopworn in his fight against White Delight Williams. Hearn probably sees this too and it's Okolie's best shot at a title.

Comment

The real question is IF ( a big IF) Okolie pulls this off does he have what he takes to hold on to it.
          I still think is not properly seasoned yet for this level.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
            The real question is IF ( a big IF) Okolie pulls this off does he have what he takes to hold on to it.
            I still think is not properly seasoned yet for this level.
            He could make some successful defenses if his opponents are picked correctly. If he gets by Lebedev I can't see him getting passed Goulamarian if that fight gets ordered, which seems inevitable.

Comment

I think Okolie is catching Lebedev at the right time. Smart move to take this fight.

Comment

I really wouldn't be surprised if Lebedev could still manage to beat Okolie.

Comment

Lebedev survives some early troubles and drowns Okolie in deep waters before riding off into the Soviet Sunset

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    Yep the timing strongly favours Okolie for sure (Lebedev being 39/40 and battleworn).... also factoring his physical advantages you'd have to say it's a golden opportunity and one he should win if he is to realise his potential in this sport.
                    You might be right but ill say it now he better PRAY that Lebedev is shot or he will get KTFO imo.Its tooooo early he has good power MAYBE very good but don't know how to use his distance and is off balance a lot.I would roll with Lebedev until I see more Okolie also don't have a very good arsenal of punches he needs a lot of work imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X