Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis Explains That Entering WBSS Was Best Path To a Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis Explains That Entering WBSS Was Best Path To a Belt

By Thomas Gerbasi - Ace publicist Bernie Bahrmasel has a way of getting attention for his clients, and he caused a bit of a stir when he started attaching #ModernDayDuran to his tweets about 140-pound star Regis Prograis. Now that could be an albatross or a motivator for a fighter. Either way, it's high prai...
    [Click Here To Read More]

The money, you’ll spend that, but you’ll be a world champion forever.”

Nice quote I hope he wins it. I'll be rooting for him.

Comment

This thing just blows your career up. Of course, it is higher risk, but there’s definitely a bigger reward. I like tournament-style, it is the best people fighting the best, and that’s what I like about it.
      This is what Ive been saying for years but why does it have to be a tournament? All these boxers keep taking the low risk LOW reward route, it just so happens low reward in this era of boxing still means a couple mil a year in purses. But tournament or no, let's use 175 recently as an example, yeah Adonis made some good money cherry picking "low risk" guys year after year, but if he had just fought Kovalev and Beterbiev within 1 year (similar to WBSS with 1-2 good fights and one easy quarterfinal), and won, he would have been hauling in 10-20 mil per fight after that.

Big risk, but big reward if you believe in yourself to win. That's why when boxers use the "low risk high reward" excuse to duck top guys, I don't buy into that 100% because what they're doing is really not "low risk high reward" it's really "low risk way lower but still decent reward" compared to the alternative I'm talking about, which is "high risk but extremely high crazy legacy AND money reward."

The boxers who believe in themselves to beat ANYONE their size or near it, like Prograis, tend to choose the latter option. The ones who don't steer more towards option 1. Money and "being smart with your career" is one way to explain it, but that would be leaving out the other big factor which is they or their teams don't believe they're good enough to win the riskier fights and get the REAL "high reward" not just in money but in legacy too, which all boxers want but many now don't believe they're capable of so they just settle for the "easy money" instead.

Comment

If it wasn't for the WBSS we would never see the winners of the semi-finals fight if they are Taylor and Prograis, trust me. It would take about 3 years of Marinating. Thank you Kalle

Comment

Almost all fighters today trash talk a lot to promote themselves!? 🐷

Comment

Who said Baranchyk was out of the tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
              Who said Baranchyk was out of the tournament?
              Manager reiterates Baranchyk not fighting Taylor
              March 2, 2019:

While McWater said Baranchyk is in the gym regularly training with Diaz in Miami, Florida, because he treats boxing like a full-time job, he is not specifically training to fight Taylor (14-0, 12 KOs) in a semifinal fight that had been scheduled for May 18 at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland, Taylor's home country.

"We're mad as hell about that release. It's just horses---," McWater told ESPN. "We have adamantly told (tournament owner Comosa AG) that we are no longer in the tournament. Out of respect for them we haven't made any statements but then they called our trainer, Pedro. Woke up him and just started asking him questions about Ivan's training. Pedro is Ivan's trainer but he is not involved in the business side of things. It was just a horses---, a bush-league move by them.

"All the problems with the tournament, they have brought them on themselves because they don't do things the right way and this is emblematic of it."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ighting-taylor

I hope Mikey Garcia challenges him for his IBF belt @ 140! That would be a great fight!

Comment

Prograis, Relihyk, and Prograis didn't need WBSS to face each other! They we're all PBC! Now if you add Mikey Garcia, Mario Barrios, Rances Barthelemy and Robert Easter Jr., you can have something very special @ 140! 140 would be just as fire as 154! MAN UP!

Al Haymon, go sign Subriel Matias...ASAP!

Comment

Love this guy, the most underappreciated American boxer right now, always brings entertainment and wants the toughest opponents

Comment

Tartan Tornado smiles as he waits for Rougarou in the final

Comment

Working...
                    X