Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez: No Excuse Why Carl Frampton Fight Can't Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez: No Excuse Why Carl Frampton Fight Can't Happen

Oscar Valdez, the featherweight champion of the World Boxing Organization (WBO), has called for more renowned opponents with the desire to unify his crown. Five defenses of the title are in the books, but beyond the number, for Valdez, is to face opponents of renown, because even though he has asked for them, for different reasons the fights have not materialized.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Carl is washed would've been a good fight 2-3yrs ago not so much anymore

Comment

He just lost ffs

Comment

If Valdez went to Ireland itd likley be a big fight there. Fighting Frampton next is a good payday & experience. Just wont move the needle much in ranking with a W. Not a bad fight to take with a new camp if the fight presents itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          If Valdez went to Ireland itd likley be a big fight there. Fighting Frampton next is a good payday & experience. Just wont move the needle much in ranking with a W. Not a bad fight to take with a new camp if the fight presents itself.
          Valdez needs to step up and Frampton is the perfect opponent at this point. Frampton is getting underestimated but I think he has enough left to beat Valdez.

Comment

I agree, I'd love to see this fight next. 50-50 but I would favor Frampton.

Comment

I remember when Rios had the entertaining title win, followed by the war with Antillon and then Bob picked John Murray coming off a KO loss as his next opponent. Murray was promoted by Warren too. SSDY.

Comment

Absolutely correct! You are #1 in that division. That's because you don't get complaicent with your skill. To continue to want to improve makes a champ.

Comment

Frampton's not shot but have to favour Valdez. Doubt Valdez's camp would roll the dice having the fight in Ireland regardless of the SKY TV money/ticket sales.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
                    Carl is washed would've been a good fight 2-3yrs ago not so much anymore
                    Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    He just lost ffs

It'd still be by far Valdez's toughest opponent to date.

Make it happen Bob!

Comment

Working...
                    X