Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson: It's Been a Long Career, But Today is The Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson: It's Been a Long Career, But Today is The Today

Lamont Peterson is done. Former world champion Sergey Lipinets (15-1, 11 KOs) stopped former two-division champion Lamont Peterson (35-5-1, 17 KOs)in round 10 Sunday night in an action-packed welterweight showdown that headlined Premier Boxing Champions on FS1 and FOX Deportes from MGM National Harbor in Maryland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You had a great career Lamont. I still think you deserved that draw against Danny. If you had boxed you could had beaten Lucas. Khan is your highlight win! Thanks for the fun fights.

Your brother needs to wrap it up.

Comment

Good career time to hang them up. Hopefully he didn't waste his money. Maybe he can start a training career under Hunter.

Comment

Glad I didn’t go to this lol would have been sad

Comment

Who is the dumbass writer that wrote this.?.... Lamont said 'Today is the day'... Not today is the today , idiot

Comment

These retiring cvnts will be just like BSer's saying goodbye only to come right back.

Comment

Correct decision. That was a bad stoppage and Peterson looked like he has had enough.

Comment

Honestly I think being at the wrong weight had more to do with this loss than father time, but still, fair's fair. He's had a lot of fights and the losses have been starting to rack up, including a fair few nasty stoppages. He's given us a lot of entertaining fights and deserves to enjoy his retirement - I'll never forget him shocking Khan or how he busted up Danny Garcia, even though he ultimately lost that fight.

Comment

Peterson is one tough S.O.B. Always in shape and always put on a good show. Good luck to him!

Comment

Congratulations to a good career!

Became a champ by beating one of the top two guys at 140 at the time! Then went onto arguably beat the best guy at 140 at the time who was on the p4p list too!

Felt in losses he should’ve boxed more (except against Garcia and Bradley)

I’ll always remember him as a tough fighter with lots of heart and gave it his all every time he stepped into that ring which is what we as fans ask for and he delivered that win lose or draw!

Respect to you Lamont for a inspiring career and I hope that it pushes in a new wave of talent from the DC area!

We as real boxing fans thank you for everything you gave to the toughest sport in the world! Enjoy your retirement and family champ!

Comment

Working...
                    X