Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexey Egorov Continues Rise, Decisions Thomas Oosthuizen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexey Egorov Continues Rise, Decisions Thomas Oosthuizen

Russia - Rising cruiserweight prospect Alexey Egorov went the distance for the second time of his career, but it was worth it, as he added a very sound name to his resume - and that is Thomas Oosthuizen of South Africa - the biggest on of his young, eight-fight pro career,
    [Click Here To Read More]

Impressive win for Egorov so early in his career. Put him in with Ruslan Fayfer

Comment

It appears Oosthuizen has seen his best years go by. What a sad case of wasted talent his career has turned out to be. Like so many boxers before him, the demons of substance abuse and untreated mental illness have gotten the better of him. Troubled kid. Hope he at least stays out of the fast life of the streets and in the gyms sonhe doesn’t become another victim of the mean South African streets

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        It appears Oosthuizen has seen his best years go by. What a sad case of wasted talent his career has turned out to be. Like so many boxers before him, the demons of substance abuse and untreated mental illness have gotten the better of him. Troubled kid. Hope he at least stays out of the fast life of the streets and in the gyms sonhe doesn’t become another victim of the mean South African streets

Damn, man. I still remember Tommy Gun when he looked like a fresh faced kid. Kid had a lot of talent and opportunities (and a few generous decisions) handed him on a plate, but as you say his biggest fight was always with his own demons.

EDIT: Also FWIW I was saying that Egorov had the stylistic makings of a real good pro as far back as 13' when he won the Europeans and more so when he went on to beat Russo x2. Can't see any way for him to beat Usyk but against anyone else in the division I'd give him a real strong chance.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-23-2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I was actually excited about tommy a few years back, I grew up watching South African fighyers like Coetzee, Coetzer, and others later like ledwaba, Bergman, tshabalala, etc. I’m a bit biased in favor of South African fighters so I had high hopes for him

Comment

Working...
          X