Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar and Ferocity, the Bitter and Sweet Science of Rematches.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar and Ferocity, the Bitter and Sweet Science of Rematches.

This weekend, Shane Mosley takes on Fernando Vargas for the second time, and if there's one thing we can almost always depend upon with Fernando Vargas, it’s that element of barely escapable danger that he brings to all fights. His fight with Felix Trinidad was a thrill a minute, and it’s probably fair to say that if ever honour could be extracted from a TKO loss within top-level boxing, it occurred that night with Vargas as he literally fought his heart out to please his fans. We must not forget also that Mosley never says die either, so there will be no easy win this weekend for Fernando, that’s if it unfolds in favour of Ferocious Fernando. Mosley enjoyed the “sugar” moniker for a while, earning the name from his silky-fluid punch deliveries supported by seemingly effortless footwork that was practically time and distance perfect. [details]

The writer was clearly a Mosley fan, but he did give some credit to Vargas and i like how he pointed out that this was Vargas first rematch one that he hasn't gotten and Mosley who has failed at rematchs. Then he also say if it wasn't for Golden Boy presuring Mosley into this fight, he would not have given Vargas a rematch, so Vargas is right in that Mosley didn't want the fight. I disaggree with him that now, it seems Vargas has to be set to punch, but in his prime or closer to his prime he could punch on the walk. And i think for the rematch he is going to bring back his game plan for Quartey, meaning he is going to be bouncing and moving in and out more, instead of being stationary. Vargas by tko or ud.

edit: when i read the title i thought for a split second the thread was about me,lol

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity
      The writer was clearly a Mosley fan, but he did give some credit to Vargas and i like how he pointed out that this was Vargas first rematch one that he hasn't gotten and Mosley who has failed at rematchs. Then he also say if it wasn't for Golden Boy presuring Mosley into this fight, he would not have given Vargas a rematch, so Vargas is right in that Mosley didn't want the fight. I disaggree with him that now, it seems Vargas has to be set to punch, but in his prime or closer to his prime he could punch on the walk. And i think for the rematch he is going to bring back his game plan for Quartey, meaning he is going to be bouncing and moving in and out more, instead of being stationary. Vargas by tko or ud.

edit: when i read the title i thought for a split second the thread was about me,lol
      I wrote the atricle. Youre right It does sound like Im a mosley fan. Truth is I really do like Vargas' work as well and (from a prediction viewpoint) I am concerned that Vargas has the power. But the fun is in harmless predicting - it changes the way you see the sport. You may be right about Vargas being set, but I was meanng what I said in straight comparisons to Mosley and in that sense Vargas is quite stationary - agreed he can punch on the walk, but I did say that. It would be great if Vargas fought with his head rather than his heart. I probably could have spent more time getting some things straight.

Thanks for your comments.

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by jethro49875
        I wrote the atricle. Youre right It does sound like Im a mosley fan. Truth is I really do like Vargas' work as well and (from a prediction viewpoint) I am concerned that Vargas has the power. But the fun is in harmless predicting - it changes the way you see the sport. You may be right about Vargas being set, but I was meanng what I said in straight comparisons to Mosley and in that sense Vargas is quite stationary - agreed he can punch on the walk, but I did say that. It would be great if Vargas fought with his head rather than his heart. I probably could have spent more time getting some things straight.

Thanks for your comments.

Brad
        It was a good article favored a bit more Mosley but still managed to credit both fighters, which i respect. I can see how people can say Mosley will win but im still rooting for Vargas, I just think Mosley could have done more but didn't out of fear or he simpley couldnt' do more. But im sure Vargas could have done more, and now the his eye is healed and will pay closer attention to those right hands and the head buts in close. I think for the rematch Vargas becomes so much more dangerous for Mosley. I predicted a tko or ud, but i think more realisticly it will be a decison win for Vargas, unless they rob him of a win.

Comment

Working...
        X