Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mercito Gesta vs. Juan Antonio Rodriguez Tops Golden Boy Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mercito Gesta vs. Juan Antonio Rodriguez Tops Golden Boy Card

To kick off the Golden Boy DAZN Thursday Night Fights series, Filipino lightweight contender Mercito "No Mercy" Gesta (32-2-2, 17 KOs) will take on Mexican warrior Juan Antonio "El Mozo" Rodriguez (29-7, 25 KOs) in a 10-round main event, taking place Thursday, March 21, 2019 at Avalon Hollywood. Details for how to watch the fights will be announced shortly.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    To kick off the Golden Boy DAZN Thursday Night Fights series, Filipino lightweight contender Mercito "No Mercy" Gesta (32-2-2, 17 KOs) will take on Mexican warrior Juan Antonio "El Mozo" Rodriguez (29-7, 25 KOs) in a 10-round main event, taking place Thursday, March 21, 2019 at Avalon Hollywood. Details for how to watch the fights will be announced shortly.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Gesta is still fighting? Hes been around a long time it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post

i alwasy wondered what the f#ck his appeal was. arum was obviously trying to take advantage of the pinoy hype train, but that's long gone now. and so is gesta from arum's stable

i have no idea what the appeal of this dude is. none. what does he do that would make me want to stay in on a friday or saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i alwasy wondered what the f#ck his appeal was. arum was obviously trying to take advantage of the pinoy hype train, but that's long gone now. and so is gesta from arum's stable

i have no idea what the appeal of this dude is. none. what does he do that would make me want to stay in on a friday or saturday?
        Well he's fighting on a Thursday night so you won't have to cancel your weekend plans of playing video games all night with your other mid 20's loser friends!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
          Well he's fighting on a Thursday night so you won't have to cancel your weekend plans of playing video games all night with your other mid 20's loser friends!

i'm in my 30's and i'd much rather play pong on an atari than watch mercito gesta fight. i've literally never seen a fighter so inept at cutting off the ring as getsa vs vasquez who has made it to TV.

agan, answer my question instead of projecting your weekend plans onto me .

what does he do? and why would you want to watch him headline a card?

this card is for goldenboy to keep a guy active and on the fringe so he can eventually get pounded on by a prospect. FFS mercito is thea headliner, the guy he's fighting has losses to guys with losing records in mexico. you probably don't watch enough boxing to know why that's an issue. i watch plenty of boxng, i'll spend my satruday, friday, thursday, whichever night doing anything but watchin mercito gesta headline a card.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post

they're not losers!!!! two of them are Lyft drivers now!!!

Comment

Ugh, crap fight.

They need to just throw Ryan Garcia or Teofimo Lopez in with Gesta already.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i'm in my 30's and i'd much rather play pong on an atari than watch mercito gesta fight. i've literally never seen a fighter so inept at cutting off the ring as getsa vs vasquez who has made it to TV.

agan, answer my question instead of projecting your weekend plans onto me .

what does he do? and why would you want to watch him headline a card?

this card is for goldenboy to keep a guy active and on the fringe so he can eventually get pounded on by a prospect. FFS mercito is thea headliner, the guy he's fighting has losses to guys with losing records in mexico. you probably don't watch enough boxing to know why that's an issue. i watch plenty of boxng, i'll spend my satruday, friday, thursday, whichever night doing anything but watchin mercito gesta headline a card.
                It's a Thursday night and I don't mind watching Mercito fight on a Thursday night. But if I had other plans then I just won't watch, that's all. I wouldn't be on here *****ing and moaning like some of you guys do Everytime you don't like something... You fool's always find something to nag about, for real!

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  they're not losers!!!! two of them are Lyft drivers now!!!
                  Okay my bad.... 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                    He's actually only 31 but it seems like he's 41 because he's been on the scene forever. He is the perfect case of good at everything but not great at 1 thing. He got some skills and can beat up on the B and C class fighters. But every time he jumps up to the A class fighters he can't win. Then they try to feed him as a stepping stone or cross roads fight he wins and get's another title shot. Right now he is currently #2 on WBO if he wins this fight it's just a matter of time until he gets a title shot against Loma who he has no chance of beating. lol
                    Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-13-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X