Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter vs. Yordenis Ugas - Reflecting Back on The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter vs. Yordenis Ugas - Reflecting Back on The Fight

CARSON - Did Shawn Porter do enough to retain his world title or did Yordenis Ugas not do enough to win the title? Or both? That has been the debate amongst boxing fans, whether in person or on social media, since their 12-round clash Saturday night at Dignity Health Sports Park (formerly known as the Stubhub Center) in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I just re-watched round 12 twice. The Ugas camp keeps saying he clearly won that round, but it was very similar to the prior 12 rounds - Porter kept coming in and out of range, landing shots that weren't obviously clean while Ugas would counter with a few clean shots on occasion. Porter usually blocked the counters, however.

If you consider it a slip (which I do - Porter blocked that punch and his rear foot gave out), there is not a clear winner in that round. I think compubox gave Ugas more landed punches, but if DeLuca favored Porter's activity and footwork over Ugas's occasional counters, it is definitely not a robbery to give Porter round 12.

Comment

I am watching it right now at round 8 already. I say Ugas didn't deserve to get a win but he can go get hired to be a clown or gatekeeper whichever suits best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcphilly84 View Post
        I just re-watched round 12 twice. The Ugas camp keeps saying he clearly won that round, but it was very similar to the prior 12 rounds - Porter kept coming in and out of range, landing shots that weren't obviously clean while Ugas would counter with a few clean shots on occasion. Porter usually blocked the counters, however.

If you consider it a slip (which I do - Porter blocked that punch and his rear foot gave out), there is not a clear winner in that round. I think compubox gave Ugas more landed punches, but if DeLuca favored Porter's activity and footwork over Ugas's occasional counters, it is definitely not a robbery to give Porter round 12.
        Precisely so, and that's my point. It was clearly a slip, Ugas didn't do enough, and as far as Compubox...well, Paulie said it

Comment

Watched it over again, very tough fight to score. I think Porter being the champ did enough to escape with his belt. A rematch is a tough sell but I think Ugas gave enough to earn that opportunity again. Fight was close.

Comment

To me this was nowhere near a robbery. Bradley Pac 1 was a robbery. Nelo getting a judge from May could've been a robbery. This was a toss up. I wanted Ugas to win but scored it 7-5 for Porter. I didnt rewatch because I'm sure I'll score it differently everytime. I had about 7-8 rds that were toss ups. I dont need a rematch but Ugas should get the second shot to whomever takes Porters belt.

Comment

Ugas did well enought to win. The only ones who has to do more besides Porter are the judges and all people involved on those sort of frauds in the sport. They are the shame on this. They are the one who has to step on and do better to avoid those controversies. Porter lost his soul in this fight. He was running, does not punch with accuracy. The only reason Ugas loose the fight is because he is hispanic, cuban and with no enough fan base. He lost because the boxing business. No more justifications and excuses. Thats the rude and cruel truth

Comment

Porter just throws punches with no regard for accuracy. To me, he looks like an amateur. How effective is he? How many of his "punches landed" are actually scoring blows? I think Ugas landed with more authority. Porter looked beat up at the end of the fight. I wouldn't say "robbery"....it just looked like Porter's punches were less effective. Every 2 punches of his = 1 of Ugas' punch.

Comment

You’re going to always have some clown try tell you what you did or did not see because they have a pen, keyboard or a microphone in their hand like your eyes are just taking up space in your head....it wasn’t the worst robbery of all time but porter lost and Ugas should get a rematch

Comment

The same old thing. Fans beleive a fighter needs to completely obliterated his opponent, to win a fight. porter fell the punch and changed his style. If a long jump athlete surpasses his rival by 1\4 of an inch, it is close but he still wins. I dont think Ugas vs porter was that close.

Comment

Working...
                    X