Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: The Only Thing I Didn't Want To Hear Was 'Split Draw'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter: The Only Thing I Didn't Want To Hear Was 'Split Draw'

At the end of 12 tightly contested rounds versus Yordenis Ugas, the only thing Shawn Porter seemed concerned about was whether the judges were able to decide a winner. In the end, it was Porter whose hand was raised in a split decision victory which allowed him to retain his welterweight title. Scores of 116-112 and 115-113 landed in his favor, overruling the dissenting card of 117-111 for Ugas in their Fox-televised main event from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Split draw is what I DID want to hear; I would have won over two hundreds on that result. Fùck the judges.

Comment

Ugas deserved at least a split draw. I thought he won.

Comment

Same here🤮🤮

Comment

Porter vs Ugas was a bizarre fight to say the least. It was fulled with amateurish mistakes that you don't expect to see when a Champion is in the ring.

I honestly don't know how the judges were able to score this fight. Porter was doing his best ineffective Ali interpretation, while Ugas was following Porter around the ring making faces and waiving his arms.

Porter: Changing your style of boxing is a good thing, especially from the head-first, bull-rushing method of brawling that you're known for. But don't faint, dance, shook and jive non-stop and think that's going to be effective. At the very least, you should throw some punches.

Ugas: Don't follow your opponent around the ring giggling, and making faces waiting to counter all twelve rounds. Take the fight to the Champ or else, stay home. For someone to state, that he's been waiting eight years for this chance - it didn't look like it was worth the wait.

WTF!!!!!!!:

Comment

He knows he lost....

Comment

This is the kind of ****tt that just keeps killing the sport.

One guys clearly wins the fight but didn’t get the decision and the other guy and his racist dad act like they won and are the ****tt.

Can’t stand these fake ass porter bums.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                This is the kind of ****tt that just keeps killing the sport.

One guys clearly wins the fight but didn’t get the decision and the other guy and his racist dad act like they won and are the ****tt.

Can’t stand these fake ass porter bums.
                I'd argue that stupid fan over-reactions are killing the sport. Porter out-landed Ugas and was the busier fighter. There was no knockdown, either by video (https://youtu.be/-k7NCtz4Jwc?t=17) or by the referee. It was an outstanding call.

What we have again is a group that has confused showmanship with ring generalship much like they did with the Fury-Wilder fight. They aren't the same thing. Stalking around the ring making faces (as in the case of Ugas) or acting in out-sized theatrics (in the case of Fury) don't lead to effective, clean punches - which is what really wins fights. Too many people confuse these and they shouldn't.

Could it have gone as a split draw? Sure. It could have even gone by a round to Ugas (though that's a stretch). It could have gone a round or two to Porter - and ultimately it did. But for no true boxing fan is going to sit here and think it was a clear decision either way. It was an ugly fight where no one established any kind of dominance or even had a signature moment. Usually in those cases the tiebreaker goes to the champ and it did here.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                  Porter vs Ugas was a bizarre fight to say the least. It was fulled with amateurish mistakes that you don't expect to see when a Champion is in the ring.

I honestly don't know how the judges were able to score this fight. Porter was doing his best ineffective Ali interpretation, while Ugas was following Porter around the ring making faces and waiving his arms.

Porter: Changing your style of boxing is a good thing, especially from the head-first, bull-rushing method of brawling that you're known for. But don't faint, dance, shook and jive non-stop and think that's going to be effective. At the very least, you should throw some punches.

Ugas: Don't follow your opponent around the ring giggling, and making faces waiting to counter all twelve rounds. Take the fight to the Champ or else, stay home. For someone to state, that he's been waiting eight years for this chance - it didn't look like it was worth the wait.

WTF!!!!!!!:
                  Spot on! ...These two performed like the bootleg version of Ali -vs- Foreman.

Comment

Hard fight to score I had Ugas winning but could of went either way thought draw would prob be best to many mistakes by both fighters though

Comment

Working...
                    X