No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I'm Very Open To Doing a Golovkin Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: I'm Very Open To Doing a Golovkin Trilogy

WBC, WBA middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez has no problem with a potential trilogy against Gennady Golovkin. In September 2017, they fought to a controversial twelve round split draw at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. They fought for a second time, a year later, at the same venue. This time around, Canelo won a twelve round majority decision to capture the middleweight belts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How awesome would boxing have been the last decade in the middleweight division if everyone so eager to fight GGG now had been just as eager 5-10 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      How awesome would boxing have been the last decade in the middleweight division if everyone so eager to fight GGG now had been just as eager 5-10 years ago?
      👏 I agree. Boxing is the exception to better late than never. Just forget it and move on.

Comment

Has GGG turned 37 yet? I’m sure Canelo would love to fight him again. The delay strategy didn’t help him enough in the first fight (where Canelo was outlanded in 10 of 12 rounds), so he let the judges do their work and delayed the rematch. That helped things along some more. Now there’s no reason to worry; Golovkin is OAF.

Comment

Sure you are. GGG je the biggest name you can fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            To be fair, ggg wasn’t even a blip on the radar 10 years ago...but 5 years ago, valid point.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
              Has GGG turned 37 yet? I’m sure Canelo would love to fight him again. The delay strategy didn’t help him enough in the first fight (where Canelo was outlanded in 10 of 12 rounds), so he let the judges do their work and delayed the rematch. That helped things along some more. Now there’s no reason to worry; Golovkin is OAF.
              Get over it already, you sound like a jealous ex girlfriend. GGG lost no matter how hard you try to think he won. How many times did Leonard or Mayweather or other superstar fighters get the benefit of the judges in close fights?
              Last edited by kidaguilar; 03-05-2019, 12:53 AM.

Comment

GGG gets knocked out this time.

Comment

bivol calling out alvarez at 168

Comment

Damn wish GGG was this popular in his prime, to think how much he is called out these days in almost funny, from 34 onwards everyone wanted a piece. Remember when Canelo dropped the WBC title instead of facing him? That s*** was real.

Comment

Working...
                    X