No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara-Brian Castano: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara-Brian Castano: Afterthoughts

Does Erislandy Lara ever wish he were fighting in the fifteen round era? Or that fights were contested on an odd number rounds basis? It wouldn't be a surprise if he does. With three draws in his career, and a couple losses that fell within a round or two of victory, Lara has to wonder what he could do with more time. As is, one of the steadiest, most consistent fighters of the era again falls short of victory as much because of that fighting temperament as in spite of it.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Castano vs Brook in Sheffield will be great !!!!

Comment

Castano should unify with Munguia! If Thurman and Porter don't want that work, I think Errol "the Truth" Spence Jr. should move up and fight Castano! They could sell the fact that Castano beat Spence in the amateurs! It would be a good fight too!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Castano should unify with Munguia! If Thurman and Porter don't want that work, I think Errol "the Truth" Spence Jr. should move up and fight Castano! They could sell the fact that Castano beat Spence in the amateurs! It would be a good fight too!
        Bronx, They probably don't. There's better work @147 lbs. Castano will have options at 154, PBC got plenty there for him at that weight. Let 147 lbs fighters fight each other at that weight, Pbc got plenty there too.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Forever View Post
          Bronx, They probably don't. There's better work @147 lbs. Castano will have options at 154, PBC got plenty there for him at that weight. Let 147 lbs fighters fight each other at that weight, Pbc got plenty there too.
          If they don't, then Spence Jr. should move up!

Comment

If they don't, then Spence Jr. should move up!
            Why? He got Thurman, Porter, Pac, Garcia and more. Brian can rematch with Lara Go after Charlo Or Harrison Lubin Brook and more. Just cuz a guy in the amateurs beats a top fighter in the pros years ago, Doesn't translate into spence abandoning the 147lbs Division where there are great fights for him with great fighters to move up to avenge a armature loss. He has time and I think that would look bad. Let see what happens with Mikey and go from there. I was impressed with Brian let him develop more and IF your stuck on that fight why not ask Brian to move down to 147???

Comment

I like your first idea more let Castano unify with Munguia. Probably not going to happen tho! Is Hayman/PBC doing Business with Oscar?

Comment

Why? He got Thurman, Porter, Pac, Garcia and more. Brian can rematch with Lara Go after Charlo Or Harrison Lubin Brook and more. Just cuz a guy in the amateurs beats a top fighter in the pros years ago, Doesn't translate into spence abandoning the 147lbs Division where there are great fights for him with great fighters to move up to avenge a armature loss. He has time and I think that would look bad. Let see what happens with Mikey and go from there. I was impressed with Brian let him develop more and IF your stuck on that fight why not ask Brian to move down to 147???
                Thurman, Porter and Garcia have had plenty of chances to fight Spence Jr. but have not! Why? Maybe the fighters at 154 won't see him as such a threat? Honestly, I think Spence Jr. should be targeting Canelo! Canelo is the Cash Cow of boxing! He also won't be @ 160 much longer! If Spence Jr. wants a shot @ Canelo, he better hurry up!

Comment

Thurman, Porter and Garcia have had plenty of chances to fight Spence Jr. but have not! Why? Maybe the fighters at 154 won't see him as such a threat? Honestly, I think Spence Jr. should be targeting Canelo! Canelo is the Cash Cow of boxing! He also won't be @ 160 much longer! If Spence Jr. wants a shot @ Canelo, he better hurry up!
                  I feel like were getting off track. I agree Canelo is a huge player and brings cash. This is prize fighting. I think he (Spence) can do well at 147 and get those fights its a matter of time. Thurman was out for 2 years so that opportunity you talk about did (NOT ) exist. Pac just joined PBC and already had a big fight! Let's not rush things and go off the deep end. Spence may build up a huge name at 147 and go from there. I doubt he (Spence) is actually thinking about going up 2 divisions and even if he wanted the fight, Canelo and Golden Boy have final say on that!!! I say it doesn't happens! Canelo got a bunch of option at different weights. Spence doesn't bring enough to the table at this point @ that weight, even he beats the breaks off Garcia. There not calling each other out so its you wanting a 147 lbs to go to 160 not feeling it at this point.

Comment

I feel like were getting off track. I agree Canelo is a huge player and brings cash. This is prize fighting. I think he (Spence) can do well at 147 and get those fights its a matter of time. Thurman was out for 2 years so that opportunity you talk about did (NOT ) exist. Pac just joined PBC and already had a big fight! Let's not rush things and go off the deep end. Spence may build up a huge name at 147 and go from there. I doubt he (Spence) is actually thinking about going up 2 divisions and even if he wanted the fight, Canelo and Golden Boy have final say on that!!! I say it doesn't happens! Canelo got a bunch of option at different weights. Spence doesn't bring enough to the table at this point @ that weight, even he beats the breaks off Garcia. There not calling each other out so its you wanting a 147 lbs to go to 160 not feeling it at this point.
                    Boxing News 24
                    January 18, 2018:

Errol Spence Jr. says he would move up to 160 to face Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez in his next fight if the match is offered to him after his title defense this Saturday night against Lamont Peterson.

Spence points out that Canelo (49-1-2, 34 KOs) is not that big of a fighter, so he doesn’t see the size being a problem for him to move up to middleweight to face him. Canelo is listed at 5’9”, but he’s probably no more than 5’8”. He’s very short for the middleweight division...

“I could do that,” said Spence to IFL TV, when asked if he would be willing to move up to middleweight to take on Canelo Alvarez. ”Canelo’s not a big guy. He’s probably about your size. He’s not that big,” said Spence.

https://www.************.com/2018/01...anelo-alvarez/

Boxing News 24
                    August 12, 2018;

Oscar De La Hoya says he’s very interested in a fight between Golden Boy Promotion’s cash cow Saul Canelo Alvarez and IBF welterweight champion Errol ‘The Truth’ Spence Jr. as soon as possible.

De La Hoya says Spence, 28, would need to move up two weigh classes from welterweight to middleweight for it to take place in the 160 pound division. Canelo, 27, wouldn’t be moving down to 154 or 147 to make the fight happen obviously.

De La Hoya notes that Canelo and Spence both have immediate plans for important fights. Canelo is facing Gennady Golovkin next in a rematch on September 15. Spence is on hold waiting on a potential fight against Mikey Garcia in December if possible.

”Absolutely, Canelo is always willing to fight the best,” De La Hoya said to Fighthub when asked if he’d be willing to fight Errol Spence Jr. ”I believe a fighter like Errol Spence Jr. can come up a couple of weight divisions and challenge a fighter like Canelo and that’ll be a super fight, but you have to come and talk to us because we would know how to stage that type of event.”

https://www.************.com/2018/08...o-talk-to-him/

Comment

Working...
                    X