No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara-Brian Castano: Stats & Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara-Brian Castano: Stats & Stakes

In some respects, Erislandy Lara may be having the best professional career of any Cuban since Joel Casamayor. He's been well featured since his debut, faced a pretty deep swath of the Jr. middleweight division, been part of a pay-per-view event with Saul Alvarez, and now can say he was one half of a Fight of the Year (at least according to the Boxing Writers Association of America).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lara has been more active than Castano. I'm not really familiar with Michel Soro but a split decision win against a no-name fighter from France is pretty telling to me. I give Castano no chance, and I picked Lara by 7th-9th round stoppage on that Showtime/Draft Kings pick 'em thing.

Based on what I've seen from Castano, I think he has a good style to enable Lara to be real offensive and let his hand goes. The guy swings very wide and hard. In one clip I saw him fall down from swinging and missing. Lara is going to take this boy to school.

The one good thing I can say about Castano is that he goes to the body pretty well. His best bet is to get on the inside and blast the body. Easier said than done though. Lara is leagues above the fighters Castano has been in with.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
      I give Castano no chance
      Hahaha... let's talk in six hours

Comment

Where is the link to the undercard that is supposed to be streaming right now?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Sure. I look forward to the fights, hope to see a great night of action. I would prefer that the fight isn't a mismatch. We have too many of those in the sport as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Where is the link to the undercard that is supposed to be streaming right now?

Comment

This says that the stream will start shortly: https://www.facebook.com/ShoBoxing/v...91863181371752

Comment

I need to see Lara get beat clearly, obviously by KO or complete domination, getting anguloed for the entire fight. I don't want to see him shaking his head unhappy with the decision.

Comment

That was a good, close, entertaining fight. I think 115-113 either way is ok.

Comment

Props, your man put on a good show and held his own. I thought Lara would have an easier time with him, I was wrong. I'm 0-2 on here today lol. Nice fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X