Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Reeves Motivated To Pull Off a Rahman Shock on Anthony Yarde

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Reeves Motivated To Pull Off a Rahman Shock on Anthony Yarde

TRAVIS REEVES will be motivated by his trainer Hasim Rahman's shock win against Lennox Lewis when he faces Anthony Yarde. Rahman caused one of boxing's biggest ever upsets when he became IBF and WBC champion back in April 2000, knocking out Lewis in five rounds. Reeves (17-3-2) will attempt to cause his own stunner when he challenges Yarde (17-0) for the Ilford man's WBO intercontinental light-heavyweight title at London's Royal Albert Hall on Friday March 8, live on BT Sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Surely after THIS Yarde plans on fighting a live body...right?

Comment

He is going the Liam Smith route fighting nobodies and look for a vacant title fight or hope the champion is slipping very sad

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
        He is going the Liam Smith route fighting nobodies and look for a vacant title fight or hope the champion is slipping very sad
        That champion is Kovalev, so Yarde better hope Kov takes a couple fights first. Beterbiev...maybe Gvozdyk too?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Surely after THIS Yarde plans on fighting a live body...right?
          Rumours are kovalev is after

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
            Rumours are kovalev is after
            The post I made at the EXACT same time as yours will show my opinion on the matter lmao

Comment

The post I made at the EXACT same time as yours will show my opinion on the matter lmao
              You won’t get any disagreements from me. Although if the fight was to happen next I’d respect him as if given him a LOT of **** for his choice of opponents

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                You won’t get any disagreements from me. Although if the fight was to happen next I’d respect him as if given him a LOT of **** for his choice of opponents
                yeah, but it's not a real "step up" if it's a title shot though. If Alvarez still had the WBO Yarde wouldn't go anywhere near Kovalev.

Also, is there a WBA Super Champ at 175? I thought it was Bivol, but it shows him as Regular. So then I thought it was Browne, but he's showing as Interim.....so yeah...?

Comment

yeah, but it's not a real "step up" if it's a title shot though. If Alvarez still had the WBO Yarde wouldn't go anywhere near Kovalev.

Also, is there a WBA Super Champ at 175? I thought it was Bivol, but it shows him as Regular. So then I thought it was Browne, but he's showing as Interim.....so yeah...?
                  I thought Browne was the wbc interim. I don’t think there is a super wba champ, if anything it would be bivol. Jack won the regular title from cleverly and then relinquished it

Comment

Why compare Yarde (who has beaten no fighter of credit / achievement) to Lennox Lewis who was a unified HW World Champion?

Until Yarde actually fights a genuine opponent he remains a gym rat / hype job domestic level guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X