No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Soto And Rios Provide Pure Entertainment In Tijuana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Soto And Rios Provide Pure Entertainment In Tijuana

By Corey Erdman - Boxing analyst Max Kellerman once said: "If you walk down a street and see a man putting a golf ball on one corner, two guys shooting hoops on another corner, a couple of guys playing stickball on a third corner and two guys in a fistfight on the fourth corner, where do you expect to see the c...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Soto-Rios was a fun fight to watch but they both really need to retire... Neither one has the skills anymore to be a world champion so I hope they really think about their future and do what's safe for them..
    Much props to these two warriors who put on a tough fight last night!

Comment

Don’t see any entertainment in that fight . Was scared for both’s lives . Boxing commission must not fighters in such shape and health condition fight . This fight is a disgrace for boxing and DAZN

Comment

I too fear for the long term effects this two will suffer. I hope I'm totally wrong but they are headed to being in really bad shape. I've sparred and believe me getting your brain rattled is not fun at all. One feels sort of ******ed for a while afterwards.

Comment

It WAS an entertaining fight to be honest. Rios didn't look like himself while Soto used his 22 years of experience to out point the younger guy even though he was fatigued. It was a fun watch. But like all those here, I do worry about Rios' condition and hope he can make a good decision for himself and family. Soto seems to be in better faculties, but he's also an old veteran that really doesn't need to prove anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanStyle#1 View Post
            I too fear for the long term effects this two will suffer. I hope I'm totally wrong but they are headed to being in really bad shape. I've sparred and believe me getting your brain rattled is not fun at all. One feels sort of ******ed for a while afterwards.
            A lot of Guys think that the Head Gear does more harm than good in sparring...

Comment

It was actually a good fight I did expect soto to win

Comment

What a good column. Besides the fights and my personal opinion of how Degado got robbed of a chance to win his bout in later rounds if it went on. This column talks about those things that makes boxing the best sport in the world. If you only focus on the headliners you'll miss out on the true beauty of the sport. Many times I left a venue saying "those girls put on the best fight of the night". Or how about the co main event on the Mungia-Inoue card? Unkown Xu Can vs J. Rojas. What a fight! Early pick for FOY. I remember quitting a job for the time off to see Johnny Tapia fight and it was worth it. I graduated from coast guard boot camp and the same day accidentally found myself watching Mike McCallum vs James Tony 1 in atlantic city. Although my millitary memories along with others are seldom rekindled, those fight experiences whether live or on tv are thought of and appreciated often.

Comment

Working...
                X