Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Anthony Dirrell Edges Avni Yildirim For Vacant WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Anthony Dirrell Edges Avni Yildirim For Vacant WBC Title

Dirrell, Yildirim Fight Photos Gallery - Anthony Dirrell (33-1-1, 24 KOs) defeated Avni Yildirim (21-2, 12 KOs)by technical split decision (96-94 X 2 for Dirrell, 98-92 for Yildirim) for the vacant WBC Super Middleweight World Championship in the main event of Premier Boxing Champions on FS1 and FOX Deportes from the Armory in Minneapolis. Referee Mark Nelson stopped the contest in the tenth round due to an accidental clash of heads and a cut over Dirrell's left eye with the decision going to the scorecards.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Horrible decision! Dirrell hitting low all night, had nothing left, was losing the fight. Feel sorry for the turc.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
      Horrible decision! Dirrell hitting low all night, had nothing left, was losing the fight. Feel sorry for the turc.
      I don't think it was quite that night and day. I wouldn't argue with either opinion of who was winning, a case can be made for both fighters up to that point. I thought it was close. I don't know what the one judge that had Yildirim ahead was watching. His card was 98-92. Neither Dirrell nor Yildirim was running away with it, no matter who you had winning.

What stood out the most to me though was how flat footed Dirrell chose to fight. He finally used his legs a little in the last round before the stoppage. And he only did it then to protect the gashed side of his face. He could've won easily if he controlled the distance with his feet and fought on the outside. The only chance Yildirim had was to get inside. It's frustrating to watch fighters who have more overall game than their opponent limit themselves and fight in tight all night especially when it's helping their opponent more than it is them.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderMainPPV View Post
        I don't think it was quite that night and day. I wouldn't argue with either opinion of who was winning, a case can be made for both fighters up to that point. I thought it was close. I don't know what the one judge that had Yildirim ahead was watching. His card was 98-92. Neither Dirrell nor Yildirim was running away with it, no matter who you had winning.

What stood out the most to me though was how flat footed Dirrell chose to fight. He finally used his legs a little in the last round before the stoppage. And he only did it then to protect the gashed side of his face. He could've won easily if he controlled the distance with his feet and fought on the outside. The only chance Yildirim had was to get inside. It's frustrating to watch fighters who have more overall game than their opponent limit themselves and fight in tight all night especially when it's helping their opponent more than it is them.
        I didn't say he blew him away. I had Yildrim up by 2 rounds. But Dirrell was fading and would have lost the 2 last rounds and the fight.
        For the rest, yes Dirrell lacked movement, and motivation! He's lazy and not that smart of a fighter I think.

Comment

Thanks Dirrell, I knew you could beat Vagni Dildo-rim! I wonder what the nationalist t*rk thinks of the darker skinned Brits after being WHIPPED by two of them? Vagni and his team are trash people

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
            He will lose if he fights Benevidez or El Zurdo

Comment

I feel bad for Yilidrim. He was doing well and was coming on strong. He probably won't ever get a title shot again.

The cut was pretty deep so I guess I understand the doctor stoppage.

Comment

Yildrim was the true winner of that fight, but it's not surprising seeing yet another robbery in the most corrupt country in the world.

Comment

Yidrim and Ohner can go back to Turkey and take themselves a good S*%T..... Congrats Anthony, well deserved...

Comment

Good fight, enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
                    X