Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Lee Selby Arrives at 135, Gets Bloody Win Over Douglas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Lee Selby Arrives at 135, Gets Bloody Win Over Douglas

Lee Selby, Omar Douglas Fight Photos Gallery - Wales' Lee Selby survived cuts over both eyes to earn a unanimous points decision over Omar Douglas on his move up to the lightweight division. The 32-year-old had not fought since last May when he lost his IBF featherweight title to Josh Warrington.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Selby looked over-the-hill to me. His biggest problem has always been having no power, and I think it was more apparent than ever last night at Lightweight. If he could get the Richard Commey fight in the UK, maybe Cardiff, he could possibly eke out a decision win and another paper title reign. But I don't think there's long left for the Welsh Roger Mayweather, and Lightweight is a minefield.

Comment

Why move up two weight classes?

Seems like a strange move

Comment

Selby was very unconvincing and will pose no threat to the division other than being an awkward, light punching defensive fighter. I think he's trying too hard to make it seem like the reason he lost to JW was because of the weight cut. I'm getting a whiff of butthurt. Selby was a champion at 126 but of course when he loses a domestic dust up all the excuses come out.

Comment

He will struggle at 135.

He was never that good anyway. A decent tidy boxer but that's about it. He won't even have size on his side at 135 and no power to worry fighters.

Comment

Working...
          X