Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Joe Joyce Discusses TKO Win Over Bermane Stiverne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Joe Joyce Discusses TKO Win Over Bermane Stiverne

Joe Joyce Video Interview - Joe Joyce secured the biggest victory of his professional career by stopping former WBC heavyweight champion Bermane Stiverne in six rounds. The 33-year-old, in his eighth fight, knocked down Stiverne with a big right hand in the third before forcing referee Howard Foster to intervene after two minutes and 20 seconds of the sixth amid another sustained attack.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Give this dude a real test. takam, Chisora or Duhaupas at least. Someone that actually can punch and doesn`t have 270 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
      Give this dude a real test. takam, Chisora or Duhaupas at least. Someone that actually can punch and doesn`t have 270 pounds.
      Yeah, I agree. Stiverne looked like he had a game plan but Joyce was constantly peppering him.

Joyce didn’t look good enough to beat the likes of the top 3 so I don’t think he will set the HW scene on fire like the top 3 do, which is a shame because he’s a really likeable character.

Takam, Hughie Fury, Pulev or Parker would be a good next step IMO.

Comment

I really don't get the hype with Joyce.

He looks slow and to have no real zip on any single punch. He seems to wear people down with volume rather than concussive power.

He's not hard to hit either. Perhaps it's because it wasn't a dangerous opponent that he was unconcerned about what was coming back. But, given the opportunities Stiverne had AJ and Wilder would close the show. Fury would soundly outbox him

Charr for the regular title seems to make sense next who will have more ambition to win than Stiverne did

Comment

Kownacki and Ruiz Jr outclasses Joyce. Nothing Abel Sanchez can do about it. Although Joyce have fleet feet for a guy his size, he's too stiff and mechanical from the waist up.

Comment

Working...
          X