Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sullivan Barrera, After Beterbiev Fallout, Eyes Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sullivan Barrera, After Beterbiev Fallout, Eyes Sergey Kovalev

Sullivan Barrera was confident that Artur Beterbiev would be his next opponent, but the negotiations did not play out as expected and now the IBF light heavyweight champion is heading in another direction.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boring. ESPN better have something better in mind than this after the underwhelming Beterbiev announcement.

Comment

Kovalev isn't going to fight him now. I like Barrera, he's definitely better than Fornling but his options will be limited.

Comment

Sergey boxed great last time out. At 175 he’s the best boxing abilities all around with the power. Beterbiev would be a good fight.

Comment

Re

Naw...Bivol is a smaller Light Heavyweight. If Barrera couldnt withstand his power, imagine what Kovalev will do to him...

Comment

I like Barerra. He's a rugged fighter with some skills. He's a good litmus test fighter. He exposes the guys who aren't at championship caliber (Joe Smith, Shabransky) and isn't an easy out for the champions themselves (Ward, Bivol). He'd give Kovalev a good fight but, if Krusher is on his A-game, would probably come up short.

I don't get Beterbiev. He was a feared bogeyman at one point but didn't look all that great against Koelling, got dropped hard by Johnson and is now fighting an unknown Swede. I don't think we is what he was made out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
              I like Barerra. He's a rugged fighter with some skills. He's a good litmus test fighter. He exposes the guys who aren't at championship caliber (Joe Smith, Shabransky) and isn't an easy out for the champions themselves (Ward, Bivol). He'd give Kovalev a good fight but, if Krusher is on his A-game, would probably come up short.

I don't get Beterbiev. He was a feared bogeyman at one point but didn't look all that great against Koelling, got dropped hard by Johnson and is now fighting an unknown Swede. I don't think we is what he was made out to be.
              The only thing Barrera exposed
              About smith was That bad jaw was good luck for the overmatched Barrera. Barrera wasn’t gonna last as long as Hopkins that much was clear.

I don’t get Beterbiev either. Still no signature win or even a
              Notable opponent.

Comment

Beterbiev got so much hype and so many boxing fans swore by him. Now, not so much. I think he sees he'd have a rough time vs the elites in the LHW division.... and will likely keep taking the easiest fights available before a final cash-out fight vs someone credible.

Comment

Beterbiev is a big disappointment guy talks big but scared to step up I was hyping him up too smh

Comment

Thought Beterbiev was going to finally step up and fight someone decent.

Comment

Working...
                    X