Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrzej Fonfara Retires From Boxing, Not Facing Rodriguez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andrzej Fonfara Retires From Boxing, Not Facing Rodriguez

World title challenger Andrzej Fonfara (30-5, 18 KOs) has unexpectedly announced his retirement from boxing at the age of 31. Having said that, Fonfara is not going to fight Edwin Rodriguez in a scheduled bout on March 9th. The contest was part of a FOX televised event with Shawn Porter defending his WBC welterweight title against Yordenis Ugas in the headline bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was kinda apparent in his last fights. But i believe he has still, a lot to offer

Comment

Limited but solid and very entertaining fighter.

Will be missed though I think he will fight again next year, two years tops.

Comment

Really great career! Have a good rest and enjoy the journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          Limited but solid and very entertaining fighter.

Will be missed though I think he will fight again next year, two years tops.
          Agreed! Always was in good scraps. Respect

Comment

Damn so first he wanted to go up to cruiserweight and do something there...then he signed to face Edwin Rodriguez...but then changed his mind and said **** that I'm retiring. It's odd but probably a good decision

Comment

Fonfara is 30. He’ll be back.

Comment

Good decision I think. 3 of his last 4 fights he has looked very shopworn despite his relatively young age. KTFO by Smith, being outboxed by a faded Dawson, not even competitive and stopped in the 2nd in his rematch with Stevenson. Get out with your health and some good memories.

Comment

Solid contender who scored some solid wins and the A’s never in a boring fight. Enjoy your retirement and resist the urge to come back.

Comment

Not a great fighter but did the boxing world a great favor by making that lazy hype job Chavez jr quit on his stool. Still baffling to think that Chavez jr still landed a big money fight even after being exposed like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X