No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ramirez vs. Zepeda ESPN Card Averages 655,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ramirez vs. Zepeda ESPN Card Averages 655,000 Viewers

One of ESPN's first Sunday afternoon cards. Probably will end up peaking around or just below 750-770k.

They advertised this poorly. I was looking forward to seeing this card, and I didn't know it was on until the 9th round of the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
      They advertised this poorly. I was looking forward to seeing this card, and I didn't know it was on until the 9th round of the main event.
      I blame the managers. Promoters are doing their jobs putting their fighters on national television & doing press tours etc. Its on the managers to get their fighters publicity. Hell nowadays with social media managers should be hiring social media experts to get their fighters followers...

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
        They were promoting it fine IMO. They had ads on it during the Lakers/76ers game and just in general all over ESPN during the week of the fight. The problem here was that there were no big names on the card. Jose Ramirez has a great backing in the Central Valley, but not a huge national star. Does solid numbers usually though. I don't think this card did terrible numbers or anything, just about what I expected. Probably didn't have a good lead in either which hurt.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Ramirez vs. Zepeda ESPN Card Averages 655,000 Viewers

Jose Ramirez continues to enjoy a sizeable regional following that ranks the 140-pound titlist among the sport's best ticket sellers in North America today. Growing his televised audience remains a work in progress. The unbeaten super lightweight barely escaped with his title and perfect record intact following his latest bout
          [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Two fantastic fights between four warriors! These 4 fighters gave it their all. Couldn't have asked for more than what Zepeda, Ramirez, Beltran, and Okada brought to the ring Saturday. These 4 are guys everyone would want to see again! And Cancio too from the other card. And if Davis fights an equal, like these guys did, add him to this list of can't miss TV.
            Last edited by richardt; 02-12-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Two fantastic fights between four warriors! These 4 fighters gave it their all! Couldn't have asked for more than what Zepeda, Ramirez, Beltran, and Okada brought to the ring Saturday! These 4 are guys everyone would want to see again! And Cancio too from the other card. And if Davis fights an equal, like these guys did, add him to this list. Can't miss TV.
              This and the DAZN card were the best fights of the weekend

Comment

His manager Rick Mirigian won manager of the year. This was the first Sunday afternoon and 14,034 people capacity crowd. So I'd say doing great

Comment

Jose is going to remain a local star until he confronts an established champion, Arum is building him, but he needs to hurry up, this dude looked like he was on his downhill in the last fight.

Comment

I was watching but it was poorly promoted, ever since espn got ufc they have been under promoting the boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X