Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk Title Defense Lands At 2300 Arena, Likely Versus Ngumbu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk Title Defense Lands At 2300 Arena, Likely Versus Ngumbu

By process of elimination, Oleksandr Gvozdyk now has a fixed destination in Philadelphia for the first defense of his light heavyweight crown-along with a soon-to-be-official challenger.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ngumbu lost to Fonfara... so basically, Gvozdyk will be fighting the gatekeeper of the gatekeepers!

Comment

Damn that's poor

I atleast expected someone like Boesel or Mikhalkin who beat this dude. Although he does have wins over former undefeated prospects like Bilal Laggoune and Yoann Kongolo recently
      Last edited by DuckAdonis; 02-07-2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

That's very disappointing - both the arena choice and the opponent.

Comment

If the Browne fight happens next, I'm okay with this one. Gets to stay active after fighting Stevenson in December. The opponent obviously is poor, but it is what it is. Fight Browne, and if he wins, get a unification bout soon after.

Comment

I'm betting Teddy Atlas had something to do with the choice of opponent.
            Maybe he thinks Gvozdyk needs a soft touch after nearly killing/making Adonis a vegetable

Comment

Smart move- hopefully a big fight is next. Dangerous division

Comment

The opponent sucks but it's rare to see someone fight 3 top opponents in a year anyway. Gvozdyk just had one 3 months ago, he will probably have another only 4 months after this fight. Not much to complain about.

Comment

Gvozdyk facing the killers! LHW division moving so slowly, I want to see the big boys face each other

Comment

Working...
                  X