Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Crolla Purse Bid Pushed Back To February 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Crolla Purse Bid Pushed Back To February 6

The World Boxing Association (WBA) Championships Committee reported that there has been changes in the purse bids announced for Monday, February 4th, as one more fight has been added and it will take place on Wednesday, February 6th, at the WBA offices located in Panama City at 11:00 am.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Super intrigued with this. If Hearn bid over 1.5M for Hooker/Saucedo, he would have to bid close to double for this one right? Because Top Rank isn't going to let Lomachenko go to another network that easy. And if they do lose the purse bid, do they let Lomachenko go to DAZN or will they have him vacate?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Super intrigued with this. If Hearn bid over 1.5M for Hooker/Saucedo, he would have to bid close to double for this one right? Because Top Rank isn't going to let Lomachenko go to another network that easy. And if they do lose the purse bid, do they let Lomachenko go to DAZN or will they have him vacate?
      I expect Bob wins the bid but you know what I actually hope Matchroom win it and Loma vacates. I’ve been a huge Loma fan for over a decade and I’ve met Crolla several times and he’s a top bloke but this is a f***ing mismatch, that I have no interest in seeing. Crolla has literally no chance of even being competitive IMO. Pointless fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        I expect Bob wins the bid but you know what I actually hope Matchroom win it and Loma vacates. I’ve been a huge Loma fan for over a decade and I’ve met Crolla several times and he’s a top bloke but this is a f***ing mismatch, that I have no interest in seeing. Crolla has literally no chance of even being competitive IMO. Pointless fight.
        If Bob wins then Hearn is all talk. As Rafael said, he talks a big game on these purse bids and hardly ever wins them lol. This one though I see him going BIG for it, just to have Lomachenko on DAZN.

I do wonder if Arum would have Lomachenko vacate the belt if he loses the bid. I mean he will get him a title against Commey next, but if Lomachenko wants to be undisputed, then obviously vacating is not an option.

Crolla has no chance, but it is what it is.

Comment

They'll probably agree to something where Lomachenko can fight at Staples Center in April (as is penciled in) for the IBF fight then go over to England to fulfill this mismatch in the summer and then Lomachenko will have three belts and can fight someone like Berchelt as his foray into PPV at the years end.

Comment

If Bob wins then Hearn is all talk. As Rafael said, he talks a big game on these purse bids and hardly ever wins them lol. This one though I see him going BIG for it, just to have Lomachenko on DAZN.

I do wonder if Arum would have Lomachenko vacate the belt if he loses the bid. I mean he will get him a title against Commey next, but if Lomachenko wants to be undisputed, then obviously vacating is not an option.

Crolla has no chance, but it is what it is.
            Rafael is spot on, he’s all talk. I can’t even think of a notable purse bid he’s actually won.😂

Loma along with Crawford are Arum’s prize assets. I think he’ll make sure he wins a purse bid, losing a Loma fight to DAZN would be terrible for Arum/ESPN.

On a side note- If he vacated we’d end up with Linares-Crolla 3 per the WBA rankings. That’d be a tougher sell than Loma-Crolla😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              They'll probably agree to something where Lomachenko can fight at Staples Center in April (as is penciled in) for the IBF fight then go over to England to fulfill this mismatch in the summer and then Lomachenko will have three belts and can fight someone like Berchelt as his foray into PPV at the years end.
              That’s exactly how I see it panning out.
              Loma-Berchelt is a good fight, I rate Berchelt as the #1 guy at 130, I doubt he beats Loma but it’s an interesting enough matchup IMO.

Comment

This fight is SH#T lets be honest, might as well let DAZN have this if you're Bob and make Eddie pay Loma A LOT of money

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Rafael is spot on, he’s all talk. I can’t even think of a notable purse bid he’s actually won.😂

Loma along with Crawford are Arum’s prize assets. I think he’ll make sure he wins a purse bid, losing a Loma fight to DAZN would be terrible for Arum/ESPN.

On a side note- If he vacated we’d end up with Linares-Crolla 3 per the WBA rankings. That’d be a tougher sell than Loma-Crolla😂😂
                  That's the thing. Arum has two big time fighters that get good ratings in Crawford/Loma. No way in hell is he fine with them fighting on another network. That's why when he talks Crawford/Spence, he keeps talking about Co-PPV which is INSANE. Like the only time that has ever happened is for Tyson/Lewis and Mayweather/Pacquiao. And it is fair to say Spence/Crawford isn't anywhere close to the level of those fights lol.

If he vacates, then at least we will get an answer of how badly Lomachenko wants to be undisputed.

Linares/Crolla III? Lawd please no lol.

Comment

That's the thing. Arum has two big time fighters that get good ratings in Crawford/Loma. No way in hell is he fine with them fighting on another network. That's why when he talks Crawford/Spence, he keeps talking about Co-PPV which is INSANE. Like the only time that has ever happened is for Tyson/Lewis and Mayweather/Pacquiao. And it is fair to say Spence/Crawford isn't anywhere close to the level of those fights lol.

If he vacates, then at least we will get an answer of how badly Lomachenko wants to be undisputed.

Linares/Crolla III? Lawd please no lol.
                    Yeah Arum ain’t letting any of his prized possessions fight outside of ESPN.

Crawford-Spence is the best fight to be made in boxing IMO but it’s likely never going to be “superfight” that requires two networks to cooperate on PPV. Arum is arguably the GOAT promoter but his stubbornness is a real problem at times when making these sort of fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X